• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bringing back up some old brain teasers.

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Answers to come later if you can't figure some of these out.

No cheating!

Read This Brainteaser

The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid: I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Or

Why are these pictures moving?

spinner1.gif

spinner2.gif

spinner3.gif

Or

A Lawyer Riddle

A lawyer at Allen Makins has a brother who is a paralegal at Morrison & Forester. However, the paralegal at Morrison & Forester doesn’t have a brother who is a lawyer at Allen Makins. Why not?

Or

A Password Riddle

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?

Or

Group Illusion

See the guys at play. How many guys do you see?

Wait a moment. After they shift, count them again!

image001.gif

Finally

Where did the other Dollar Go?

Three men check into a hotel, the manager charges them $30 for one room with three beds which they share. The men go to their room and settle in, after a few moments the manager realizes his mistake, he over charged the three men, the room rate was only $25. He sends for the bellhop to return the $5 to the three men.

On his way to the room the bellhop realizes that he can't split $5 between 3 men so he decides to give each man $1 and pocket the remaining $2 as a tip. The bellman returns the $1 to each man. In the three men's minds they each paid $9 for the room, or a total of $27, include the $2 tip the bellhop kept and that equals $29, what happened to the other dollar?

Okie Terry said:

No cheating!

Read This Brainteaser

The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid: I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

REPOST!!
this thread is/ has been reported..

Okie Terry said:
A Password Riddle

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

Okie Terry said:
Where did the other Dollar Go?
Okie Terry said:
Three men check into a hotel, the manager charges them $30 for one room with three beds which they share. The men go to their room and settle in, after a few moments the manager realizes his mistake, he over charged the three men, the room rate was only $25. He sends for the bellhop to return the $5 to the three men.

On his way to the room the bellhop realizes that he can't split $5 between 3 men so he decides to give each man $1 and pocket the remaining $2 as a tip. The bellman returns the $1 to each man. In the three men's minds they each paid $9 for the room, or a total of $27, include the $2 tip the bellhop kept and that equals $29, what happened to the other dollar?
There is no other dollar. The men think they paid $9 each based on the original $30. They actually paid 28 dollars ($30 minus the $2 tip).

K

Okie Terry said:
Missed the title didn'tcha?
No..
Okie Terry said:
The shifting dudes puzzle was posted in a thread exactly 2 years ago to the day.

Been holding on to it I guess.. :D

corbinafly said:
I was sitting on the porcelain throne when I realized that I should have said 8. Not -1

K

Okie Terry said:

Why are these pictures moving?

spinner1.gif

spinner2.gif

spinner3.gif

QUOTE]
cause im schrooming tonight? wait why is the whole room moving...

Okie Terry said:
A lawyer at Allen Makins has a brother who is a paralegal at Morrison & Forester. However, the paralegal at Morrison & Forester doesn’t have a brother who is a lawyer at Allen Makins. Why not?

QUOTE]

cause the lawyer is a woman

Okie Terry said:
A Lawyer Riddle

Although the lawyer may be at Allen Makins, he doesn't necessarily work there.

Right?

K

Doh! I guess JeepFreak21 has the "correct" answer, but technically, the way the riddle is worded, I could be right too.:laugh3:

Okie Terry said:
A Password Riddle

"Three".
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
"Three".
Billy

I think you got me again! Drats......

K

Okie Terry said:
Group Illusion

See the guys at play. How many guys do you see?

Wait a moment. After they shift, count them again!

image001.gif

I stared at this for HOURS on end trying to figure it out. I did, but I still really can't comprehend it. It's just freakin weird, and whoever developed it really has some mind on him/her.

corbinafly said:

There is no other dollar. The men think they paid $9 each based on the original $30. They actually paid 28 dollars ($30 minus the $2 tip).

K

Your explanation is dead wrong. They paid 27. The bellhop has 2 dollars, that's the difference between the rate and what they paid.

(According to each man, they paid 10, then got back 1 dollar - good, $9. If we look at the actual rate, it was 8 1/3 dollars, and each tipped the bellhop 2/3 of a dollar).

Back