• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GMC canyon V8 WOW!

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
GMC canyon V8 WOW!

So we had a two door extended cab GMC Canyon here at work with the I-5 HATE that thing. It was a stripped down to the bare work truck and I get that but didn’t care for the way it handled or that I-5 action. Drove it a lot back and forth to work in Rifle so I logged a lot of miles in the Mts. With it. Was so happy when I didn’t have to drive that thing anymore. Well the old boss man just showed up to the shop with a short bed 4 door V8 model ALL DECKED OUT! It’s the 4x4 with the Z72 Lift package to it with dinky tires on it. SOON to be replaced he said. O man he wouldn’t say what he paid for it but that thing is really really nice.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/news/gm/gmc/canyon/v8official.html

I like the V8 option well his package deal but if you’re going to get a truck like that why not go full-size I could only guess the towing rating is going to be better more room and size. But maybe better gas mileage with the smaller lighter body of the canyon? I’m torn if I really like this thing vs functionality of a v8 in a mid size truck like that. He popped the hood and OMG talk about stuffing 10lbs of potato into a 5lb bag.

my old work had a fleet of 30 of the gutless turd colorado's no one liked them, they suck to ride in and have the power of a lawn mower. when they handed 3 of us V-8 models we put them to the test, and they were awesome!!

The work truck version is a sad sad little truck. Gas mileage wasn't all that it was rated at, and that’s empty payload. You start adding anything to the payload and it only goes downhill on gas mileage and performance. The thing had the worst seats in it ever. Pretty sure it was just fabric covered cardboard because if you drove in that thing for more than 30 min your back was killing you. The seat package in the V8 4x4 package was 100% nicer. Leather power adjust heat! The thing was just so different and to listen to a little truck like that with a V8 puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr O man.

I never felt the Colorado/Canyon was a worthy replacement for the S-10/Sonoma. I also never understood why they made a 5cyl for it when the Trailblazer's I-6 would have been perfect.

I'm kinda partial to these:
lift014.jpg

1-3A739BFE-6005-4D5C-8A79-6D3187D00C34.jpg

Except that weird strip thing on the side, man thats fugly.

It's a Cheby, what do you expect ............... :gee:

man look at that rock magnet though
unledzxi.png

Its a truck though, not a rock buggy but as far as new trucks go these would be a good choice for rock build. Maybe a good prerunner?

Back