• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bringing a new project home today

wow that is beautiful.

I still think you should finish yours, but that is a real nice looking 86.

So, if the dude buys the truck and the XJ this weekend I MIGHT go take a look at this one. Yeah, it's still a 2.5, 2wd and lwb but it'd be good to drive around.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3022048426.html

I know that truck. I think he was one of the first people to put a late model S-10 bumper on a MJ. He has put a ton of work into it over the years. I got to see it right after he got it painted. It is even prettier in real life then pics.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm going to check it out as soon as he gets off of work tomorrow. I hope it's still there.

That's one thing that was concerning me. Someone else's wiring and fabrication. Hopefully, it's what I'm looking for.

Ken, I wish I had time to finish my own project but for this price it's hard to turn down. I'd have way more than 2k in to my project on top of what I paid for the truck and the XJ...

If the guy coming to look at my junk on Saturday bites I'll be set.

Last edited:
Couldn't help myself. Got a good deal.

2012-06-01_07-29-28_525.jpg

Its got a few good dings in the body but im sure ill put a few more in it. It runs great. Not 6cylinder power, obviously but it'll do for toodlin around. I have to find another bucket seat for it. My drivers seat has the most extreme case of gangsta lean I've ever seen.

Overall, im pleased. Now I need to sell the rest of the junk in the yard.

Last edited:
I can't see the pic but I hope you picked up Jeremy's truck. It is a nice truck all around.

Can you take some close ups of the S-10 bumper? That is a good looking truck!!

Are the rear lower bed corners smushed on every MJ on the planet?

2012-06-01_16-09-10_928.jpg

2012-06-01_16-09-20_562.jpg

Not a very good picture but you can sorta see where the brackets are welded together in this photo...
2012-06-01_16-10-06_765.jpg

Thanks. That does look pretty good. Any idea what year model that came off of?

So, I need a manual steering box for an 86. Anyone happen to have one in decent shape?

What else will fit this thing? If all else fails I may see if the one on the other MJ is worth using.

I thought I gave him a box a little while back. It might have been someone else though. Did you ask him for it?

Back