• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brian's Log: 1998 XJ, 6.5" 33's, 3 link on the way:)

Little update:
Froehlich 3 link should be here anytime!
HD Offroad stiffeners are sitting here:)
Advanced adaptes SYE and a driveshaft are also sitting here:)
Ordering Rock Rails today hopefully:)

JCR Offroad Stage 2 Rock Rails ordered :)
New Timken front Unit Bearings on the way as well :)

I'd have to say I'm a fan of the Rusty's flares!!!
I cut TONS out of the front (very easy to do!)

In the back, i did the cut and fold method. I was conservative in the back because i didn't want to get into the pinch seam of the body and the wheel well. I value the integrity of my rig too much to get into that!!..lol Not saying it can't be done right, but the work isnt worth the benefits imho

With the back cut and folded to the pinch seam there is plenty of room for my 33's. 35's will work well once i move my axle rearward a half inch or so!

The best part about the flares is the adjustability of them. You can sort of decide for your own how much you want the flares to open up towards the bottom, or how they are angled, etc...

All in all, I love em. The only others id consider are Iceland's or maybe Bushwackers new flat fender flares but id want to see more reviews of both since they still seem to be obscure!!

haha, id love to learn how to surf, but I've never been able to justify the money on a board living back in the mountains!

mods, i know this thread is gettin a lil OT, i got parts coming though!! and there will be modding of said parts.. haha

i need a new sway bar end link tab, anyone hae experience with the Teraflex?
i live in Mi now dude... im planning to have rob kamp shape me an ultra lite when i visit Va, ill scoop it and head strait for the OBX! a board is ALWAYS a good thing.

love your wheels and tire combo. deffinantly jealous. oppinions on the destination M/Ts? worth the price over MTRs or KM2s?

you also have a PM sir.

Last edited:
Pm'd back, I love my Firestones!!! I've sold numerous buddy's on them... They are TOUGH, wear SLOW, QUIET for a mud terrain, and do relatively well in poor weather situations, which we all know mud tires are bad for!!!

TEASER Pics and an update...
Writeups and reviews as soon as i can type better my finger is still all messed so it's a bit of a pain... I nearly cut it off with a shredded cut off wheel :)

Advanced Adapters SYE installed without a hitch
HD OFFroad Frame Stiffeners went on Great!
Froehlich Suspension’s 3 link has excellent fitment
JCR…..well…

Today I ordered some 4.88 Nitro Gears from www.justdifferentials.com and recieved EXCELLENT customer service from Jeff. I'll def. be sending them more business on axle shafts and a locker in the near future!

Here are some pics of the Long arms mocked up, we still need to adjust angles and lengths, etc.. also we have to come up with a solution for the steering stabilizer!

Im very impressed with everything so far.... except the JCR Rock Sliders.... they still have not responded to email concerning my rockrails not fitting as they were ordered and it has been about a week or so

Ill post a few pics of the SYE, HD Stiffeners and the Froehlich Crossmember intstalled and arms mocked up, but rest assured some detailed writeups are soon to come!

JeepWriteUps173.jpg

JeepWriteUps168.jpg

JeepWriteUps131.jpg

JeepWriteUps080.jpg

JeepWriteUps109.jpg

JeepWriteUps073.jpg

JeepWriteUps064.jpg

JeepWriteUps055.jpg

JeepWriteUps046.jpg

JeepWriteUps037.jpg

JeepWriteUps025.jpg

JeepWriteUps004.jpg

JeepWriteUps204.jpg

JeepWriteUps203.jpg

JeepWriteUps202.jpg

JeepWriteUps201.jpg

JeepWriteUps200.jpg

JeepWriteUps199.jpg

JeepWriteUps169.jpg

JeepWriteUps136.jpg

totally forgot my man, my bad! let me think about it, im still debaing whether i want to get rid of them or not; the wife's rig is approaching 3" now so i could possibly have a future use.... but maybe not... i'll let you know!

Neglect the trans mount?

Woohoo, am now a "member" :)

Hey fellows, now that im moved, and bored with law school it is time to get back on the jeep!!

4.88 gears and master kits are sitting waiting to be installed
Im planning on ordering a locker for the rear(maybe the front) today as well as some of the exterior axle seals to help keep grime out of the '30.

Im now living in Greensboro and am dying to find some wheeling... especially since there is no whitewater nearby....

4.88's, ARB front locker, 30spline front Chromoly shafts, Track-Lock Rear, and more to be installed next weekend!!!

Im very impressed with everything so far.... except the JCR Rock Sliders.... they still have not responded to email concerning my rockrails not fitting as they were ordered and it has been about a week or so

How are they not fitting?

The frame stiffeners, and depending on how the mount for the three link is designed is going to alter how the sliders fit. If that's your case your best bet on the sliders would be to just trim the legs to fit and weld them to your stiffeners. You could also knock the pinch seam mount off, and reposition it to line up correctly.

Back