• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

breakage on the way to the Con

Kejtar said:
I hear they all made it off the trail without anything more then Derek overheating and having issues starting.

Yes we did:D It was a great trip!!! Trail was empty..we meet maybe three other groups. No crowds, beautifull weather, no breakage.:thumbup:
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

slowrider said:
Thanks Scott. I traced out the vacuume diagram and one line was wrong but correcting that didn't seem to fix it.
I'm thinking I may just jump on the swap in which case I'm sure I'll be bugging you at least for some ac help, Remi for his experience swapping trans types and Dr. Rollins to help me figure out where it all went wrong.
I went looking for some collector gaskets and bought some solid aluminum ones; what do you think of those?
Curt,
Just get the Felpro wire impregnated collector gaskets. Run them for a few hundred miles, snugem up again, and your good to go.

Checking in. Just got home. Took me 10 hours to get home because I had to stop several times to let the engine cool down. I guess I had Derek's Syndrome.

It was a great trip like Stebel said. Perfect weather, no crowds, and no smoke. We were able to get the prime camping spot at Rubicon Springs.

There were even some beaver and Canadian eagle sightings.

For the first time, I suffered no carnage. All I did was scratch up the new beadlocks. Nothing a little spray paint won't fix.

Eugenio's brand-new JK got no more than a couple of scrapes on the flares and a smooshed tailpipe. And believe it or not, Stebel got through with no breakage or floppage. :D

And when I reached the 06 rollover spot, I didn't take the bypass. I was able to go up and over with no problem.

We were calling this the Euro Chapter/Costa Mesa Sub-chapter run with a couple of Utards thrown in for good measure.

I'll get some pics up soon.

xjohnnyc said:
Checking in. Just got home. Took me 10 hours to get home because I had to stop several times to let the engine cool down. I guess I had Derek's Syndrome.

It was a great trip like Stebel said. Perfect weather, no crowds, and no smoke. We were able to get the prime camping spot at Rubicon Springs.

There were even some beaver and Canadian eagle sightings.

For the first time, I suffered no carnage. All I did was scratch up the new beadlocks. Nothing a little spray paint won't fix.

Eugenio's brand-new JK got no more than a couple of scrapes on the flares and a smooshed tailpipe. And believe it or not, Stebel got through with no breakage or floppage. :D

And when I reached the 06 rollover spot, I didn't take the bypass. I was able to go up and over with no problem.

We were calling this the Euro Chapter/Costa Mesa Sub-chapter run with a couple of Utards thrown in for good measure.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Glad you guys had fun and there was no carnage.

I had a couple of beaver sightings this weekend too.... ;)

It all started when Rollins got on the CB and said, "Well, I'll be damn. It's a beaver". It all went downhill from there.

The beaver was very fond of Santa's nuts.

xjohnnyc said:
It all started when Rollins got on the CB and said, "Well, I'll be damn. It's a beaver". It all went downhill from there.

I was right.. I didn't want to know...

xjohnnyc said:

I never thought I would see any beaver, or a Canadian eagle for that matter, go crazy over Santas nuts. I guess the guy has a certain charm that has been perfected over the course of 22,360 sunsets.

i thought "canadian eagle" was a metaphor for Ken, and he went for some beaver on the trail...

sounds like a great time!

:D

ok just made it home, i did over heat up icehouse rd and what fixed fixed it was loon lake water it didn't even get warm after that and secon it wasn't starting issues it was a running vehicle just died issues other than that it was a great trip

Time for some pictures:

img59601pr3.jpg

img59642kn0.jpg

img59683ze6.jpg

img59704sm4.jpg

img59916tm0.jpg

img59987ig0.jpg

img59998fb8.jpg

img60099hj5.jpg

img601210vy8.jpg

img603012jf5.jpg

img605615sp0.jpg