• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bought someones hackjob (in over my head)

Likie to call them "lift stilts" once they get that ridiculous.

i have a wheelin' bud that has the s-10 4.3, s-10 5 speed trans and s-10 stock t case. 5.38 gears. dana 60 & 14 bolt. it won't pop a wheelie but he doesn't have any power issues.

I thought he was building this thing for the mud?

With a project like this, I'd buy a welder and learn to weld. There is a lot of fab work that will need to be done, and it would be much easier and faster if you can do it all yourself, and not have to stop and take it somewhere for them to weld stuff for you.

I'm with 89elim.

only way I'd take that thing is if it were FREE.

any word on this rig?

Yea whats up man? I sent you the email with the info I needed to start your crossmember... Did you ever get it? Looking forward to seeing the transformation in it.

Still very interested in getting a crossmember made! Its been so cold here I don't feel like laying out there and measure everything!!!

Latest is I have the rear end torn apart getting new leaf springs. I picked up some rear leafs from a 6" skyjacker lift kit from a silverado. I plan on only running the top three leaves and building an anti wrap bar. I have everything to get it back together but finding the time is what is killing me. The weather lately has not been kind. I'll get some more pictures up of getting it torn down.

I'd just say nuke it:flame: At least after the fire has died down the parts like the corp 14 and such will remain and you have your parts that you originally got for cheap man. That XJ is straight Frankenstein. Whatever ya do good luck with that......

Those Silverado springs are gonna be pretty stiff... dunno if you'll get much flex from em.

Those Silverado springs are gonna be pretty stiff... dunno if you'll get much flex from em.

Guy I picked them up from had them bolted in like they were and said they were stiff. I am hoping to remove a couple leaves and paint them with graphite paint and get decent flex. If I can't get that to work I will do with some F150 springs and shackle relocation brackets. The leafs will be a trial and error type deal.

off the topic but not really i saw a dude came into my dealership and had a toyota totally retarted lift where if looked at rear there was no body or anything covering tires. i put my meager 195 lbs on all corners and couldnt move the suspension and told him he was going to roll. so on the same not soften that up some and dont burn it just fix it. it has alot of potential so fix and run hard

:O I spy with my little eye: leaf springs above the wheels, an Italian driving position, lack of any sort of cage or bracing, front axles longer than the rear (must have strange handling) and as for those blocks they look like bricks

Last edited:
As soon as I saw that rig I knew it was something outta Memphis! lol

C'mon man, the weather's been great here the last month....what's it look like now?

Back