• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostwerks Build Thread V2.0

Plans to protect the cooler on the underside?
And do the heat 'condoms' really make a difference?

Plans to protect the cooler on the underside?
And do the heat 'condoms' really make a difference?

Not at this point, but I could fab a skid off the frame rail fair easily. :thumbup:

No idea on the condoms, but I had some heat sleeve left over so figured what the hell. Considering the exh manifold gets hot enough to cook everything that's near it, I'm sure they will help keep the fuel cool at least.

fancy

BUMP for some updates.

So the turbo system has been pulled and will be up for sale here soon. I just don't have the time to dial in the little things (heat control, tuning...ect) and could use the $ to cover some bills.

I'm reverting back to NA for now, but with a ported head/intake manifold, bored TB and a banks header. I may eventually go back to boost, but for now I have much more pressing things to get done.

I'll post up some pics here soon :)

The turbo stuff has been pulled this past weekend. In an effort to get a little more flow out of the clearwater head I decided to give it a mild port. I was able to take substantial material out of the exhaust ports, and simply gasket matched the intake ports. I then threw on a shiny new Banks revolver header.

I'll be fabbing up a 2.5" down pipe and keeping the back half of my 3" exhaust. I'm hoping it's not going to be insanely loud, but we'll see.

The port match was done using a late model metal gasket for accuracy. I then blended the top and bottom exhaust ports to better merge to the header.

Before:

Almost there:

Complete:

IMG_2114.jpg

Lightly wrapped up the header with some DEI titanium wrap I had left over from when I built the turbo stuff...

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Sneak peak of the hidden winch mount prototype...

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

That winch mount is freaking sweet...

Thanks dood. :)

Will be interesting to see the clearance and such for this

It is tight for sure! Definitely one of the reasons why I've had several revisions to the design. The production unit will be different from the one shown here even. I've had to make enough room to account for the larger steering boxes, keep the winch out of the mech. fan and still keep enough room for the factory bumpers. Nothing like packing 100lbs of awesome in a 5lb bag.

I cant wait for the release of the winch mount.

Back