• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Boostwerks.com Rig build thread... (56k killer)

sweet, I installed the hd offroad shackle relocation brackets, it took like 20 minutes and was well worth it IMO

ya what he said....and sleeve those lowers lol....jkjk....that chit was annoying ( then skip over it )to repeatedly read and its not even my thread!
may have been annoying but i was right, he was there doing the work under the rig, he had them out at least once and no better time to do it then before they are bent and scraped up. besides, i said i was done reminding him and i haven't said it sense that post. if he doesn't sleeve them because nim rods like you try to be cool and talk smack about my recommendations and he takes your jabs as advise and doesn't do it that's his choice. just a recomendation from some one who builds custom profesional rock crawlers for a living ( depending on the season that is )

by the way, nice cars.

may have been annoying but i was right, he was there doing the work under the rig, he had them out at least once and no better time to do it then before they are bent and scraped up. besides, i said i was done reminding him and i haven't said it sense that post. if he doesn't sleeve them because nim rods like you try to be cool and talk smack about my recommendations and he takes your jabs as advise and doesn't do it that's his choice. just a recomendation from some one who builds custom profesional rock crawlers for a living ( depending on the season that is )

by the way, nice cars.

It's all good buddy. We're all freinds here :cheers:

I haven't really gotten into the whole fast car scene, but is yours built for the 1/4 mile or for racing over large areas?

oh good, I really am not a fan of the 1/4 mile thing

let us know how it goes!

I used to live literally 5min from Bandimere speedway, so I was origonally building the car for drags. I built a 2.0L integra motor, giant turbo setup and put down over 500whp on low boost. It was fun and all, but spinning tires at 70mph gets old. I've honestly found that I prefer less power with a well rounded chassis.

BTW, finally loaded some pics of my cargo rack installed...

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

Hitch install is obviously coming up next.

Enjoi!

rack looks good....

ya spinning sucks....just means you have a really slow 500+hp car lol...
there are a lot of those in the springs lol...

Hey Bryson,
How is that rack attached to the floor? I might have missed it, but how did you come to the height you built it? Spare tire height? I wouldn't install that hitch. With your fab skills, you should cut the ends off and use it as a starting point for a rear bumper. Remember, departure angle is nearly as key as approach.

Hey Bryson,
How is that rack attached to the floor? I might have missed it, but how did you come to the height you built it? Spare tire height? I wouldn't install that hitch. With your fab skills, you should cut the ends off and use it as a starting point for a rear bumper. Remember, departure angle is nearly as key as approach.

I used 1/2" AVK nut serts with this special tool we have at work. they work wonders.

I decided on a height that I could fit a medium sized cooler underneith.

I've thought about building a bumper with a hitch as well, but I think the seperate hitch would be safer for the long distance towing I'll be doing. I'm sure I could build a bumper that would be just as strong, but with the time I have I'd rather just run the hitch. I've also thought about just purchasing the detours tailbone tire carrier VS a full rear bumper just for the weight savings.

There's also a point IMO where you have to weigh the cost of building something VS just buying the damn thing. :cool:

True. Also, for right now you could mount the hitch for what you are needing and at a later date, if you did decide to build off of the hitch, you'd still have that option.

It's nice and a PIA to have more than one hobby huh?!

I'm gonna check out that tailbone tire carrier you mentioned.

Man... this is the first I've posted in this thread but I've followed it from the beginning... this is a nutty jeep. It's so damn clean, props to you for doing so many different things and straying from the norm, and still making them look good.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

I would LOVE to look at your build thread. But all 100% of your pictures, are a Red X. Is it because you just redid your website?

Figured I'd point it out, if you didn't know.

Cheers :cheers:

Scott

No need to make a new build thread, just make a new post in your current build thread with all the pictures that are missing.

Back