• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt-on Bumper mount spare tire carrier?

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rear bumper from Nates 4x4 that I really like, and don't want to spend 1/2 a day replacing it with another bumper just to get the spare carrier. Does anyone have a bolt-on spare carrier that works well and doesn't rattle? It probably wouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold the tire, but I'm sure you'd have to futz around with it for a while to get the bugs (and rattles) out, and I'm not sure I want to take on another project right now!

Thanks!

Fish'nCarz said:
I have a rear bumper from Nates 4x4 that I really like, and don't want to spend 1/2 a day replacing it with another bumper just to get the spare carrier. Does anyone have a bolt-on spare carrier that works well and doesn't rattle? It probably wouldn't be too hard to make one that would hold the tire, but I'm sure you'd have to futz around with it for a while to get the bugs (and rattles) out, and I'm not sure I want to take on another project right now!

Thanks!
Almost every company that makes rear bumper/carrier combos sells the carrier seperately if you want it. C4x4, AJ's, Tomken, and maybe Rigid to name a few.

Tomken makes a bolt-on carrier that'll work with any flat bumper. I have one on my TJ. Honestly, though, the quality is only so-so. The hinge is actually just a bolt. You could probably make something very similar with some square tubing and angle iron for thirty bucks.

Back