• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOGO racing buckets

Dirt said:
Still mad because you can't figure out how to make a cheap steering system function like a highdollar one? :looser:
I couldn't care less,its not my rig!

yep, everyone on this thread is a bunch of stupid lemmings! screw all of you people who care about safety and harnesses so you dont get hurt when/if you flop! all of the buggy drivers, and racecar driver's for that matter, theyre all stupid lemmings too! if you care about safety and have a seat that allows you to have a 5 pt. harness, well then you must be a tool....

:looser: :lecture: lastara

What was the estimated weight for the seats on your orders? Mine said 39 lbs. Makes me wounder if they only shipped one seat? There is only one tracking number.

i was actually asleep when they were delivered so i dont physically have them yet, but my friend got his today. said they were delivered in seperate boxes and were flattened out (reclined all the way back) and shipped seperate like that. its possible its 39 per seat b/c its two seperate boxes

Shipment Came in 2 boxes, one seat in each box as ordered.
DSC00031.jpg

Picture of weight lable
DSC00032.jpg

seat. rails and some other bracket came with the order
DSC00034.jpg

bottom of seat, attachment bolts 13 1/2 in across and 11 in front to back measurements

DSC00038.jpg

Now we get to work on fabing a bracket.

arupton said:
i was actually asleep when they were delivered so i dont physically have them yet, but my friend got his today. said they were delivered in seperate boxes and were flattened out (reclined all the way back) and shipped seperate like that. its possible its 39 per seat b/c its two seperate boxes

Thanks

I called today and they gave me 2 tracking numbers. So i am assuming there is 2 boxes comming.

2Lazy2P.............
What color did you specify and what did you recieve?
I Like the Grey, but want to make sure they were the grey and not the black.
The black ones on the website look grey!

I ordered the grey. I like them pretty good.
Still working on mounts. I have power seat frames, working on getting power seat switches that work. I plan on posting pictures as I do the job. Everything in the order is as advertised.

I drove over 300 miles today. I like them. For 170.00 They're real nice.

It's not as easy to get in and out of though.

It's going to be a while before mine are installed:

My wife thinks they're great (for her) but it's a real tight fit for me in the shoulders, so I'm doing some cutting and welding to fix the geometry. The good news is that the construction seems decent: a straightforward welded frame without excessive springs or glued-together material. The overall fabric cover is also of decent design, and can be removed without destroying everything.

I might have some pictures tomorrow.

from looking at the pics posted installed in jeeps it looks like the bottom portion of the seat causes you to sit deep in the seat with your legs elevated a bit. 97 ford F-150 seats are like that and aggravate me to death. Do these seats cause you to sit like this or does the picture just look like it would make you?

For anyone interested this sale is still on as of 11:30am March 31. Just orded a set of gray, with shipping and insurance to Atlanta $205.98.
Even if they are just decent , still got to be worth $200! Thats only a little more than a set of Mustang seats from the local salvage yard.
For us 2 door owners, I was told that these seats DO tilt forward for access to the back.

Looking more closely at Dirt's photos as well as reading his post (duh!) it seems that these seats DO NOT tilt forward. Oh well just have to fab a gate hinge on the front of the base,and a latch on the rear, might help with the knees up position.

I must have been crazy to think a telephone salesman would know any tech about the product he is selling!

For those of you who have installed these: Did you run into any issues with the transmission hump on the driver's side?

I bought seats from Carquest a year ago and had to get creative when I installed them. I wanted them a touch lower than stock, but the transmission hump kind of got in the way. Just wondering if you ran into that, or any other fitment issues.

The Hard Struggler said:
Looking more closely at Dirt's photos as well as reading his post (duh!) it seems that these seats DO NOT tilt forward. Oh well just have to fab a gate hinge on the front of the base,and a latch on the rear, might help with the knees up position.

I must have been crazy to think a telephone salesman would know any tech about the product he is selling!

To them, Tilt forward means the recline mechanism for the seat back.

Well my seats just arrived and they look great for $200! I'll post some pics soon on the install. Dirt is right they DO NOT flip forward for 2 doors, but should be easy enough to fab.

I have the offroad racing seats from JcWhitney. I haven't installed them yet(haven't gotten to the cage or interior) but their really comfy to sit in and watch tv hahaha

Back