• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOGO racing buckets

2lazy2p said:
I'm gonna re-design and lower some. Need a little time to fabricate got to work some this weekend.

I am gonna try some manual sliders. From what i read they are 1-1.5 inches lower. On the power seat brackets its almost impossible to get in and out.

Sorry, haven't read the whole post.
When is the sale done?

The original sale was until March 31st, but if you follow the link it shows to be still, or again on sale as a BOGO.

--Tom

I re-did adaptor for seats to get as much head room as possible without having to significantly modifying the original seat supports and frame. The only modification to the seat frame was to grind off the bolt/studs which pressed into the new seat when I fit the seat to the frame. Pictures follow.

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Notice I had to heat and bend the strap to level and fit them onto the seat. I bent the strap to get about 1" of extra clearance and head room, which put the frame right up next to the seat bottom.
DSC00053.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Here they are in the Cherokee. Even with the mod head room is not optimal but for me it's OK. Any long tall drink of water may muss their hair on the head liner though. I'm going to leave them this way for now, the nice thing is I can change it later if I don't like it.
DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Tally Ho,

not if you dive in head first. I'm 6'0" 230 seats are somewhat snug, incentive to lose weight, but they are not uncomfortable.

2lazy2p said:
not if you dive in head first. I'm 6'0" 230 seats are somewhat snug, incentive to lose weight, but they are not uncomfortable.

WOW.. I am only 5,10 and 205 and have a hell of a time getting in and out using your first design seat bracket.

I did too with the first design, thats why I changed it, better now. Nice but not essential for electric power seats. The seats wrap snuggly around my fat arse, I may need to widen them later if I don't shrink a little. I like the seats though.

Last edited:
I have to take my wallet out of my pocket,but other than that they are pretty comfortable.

anybody throw these or ones like in a 97+? I tried to put my pep boys racing seats in and I could not get it to fit over the trans hump and between the door and center console...

I was wondering about the FIT of a larger rear into thses seats.

I'm 6 foot 4 inches, 325 pounds, and was hopeing one of you was similar in size and could comment on the fit of the seats?

Thanks!

--
Eric

ehappy said:
I was wondering about the FIT of a larger rear into thses seats.

I'm 6 foot 4 inches, 325 pounds, and was hopeing one of you was similar in size and could comment on the fit of the seats?

Thanks!

--
Eric

sorry buddy but no way. I am 5,10 and 210 and its a tight fit for me.

Back