• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bogger's tread life

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
how many miles do ya'll get out of your boggers? i'm looking at buying some used with .5" tread left... here's what i plan to do, switch to these for the summer months, and then back to AT for fall and winter, then back to the boggers for next summer. will .5" tread last me this long?

brandon
i know this is a dumb thread, but i have to make a decision quick! thanks

I had a set of 44's on my old blazer. Brand new I think its like 1.5 or 2 inch tread depth. If driven on the street they are said not to last past 10,000 miles, and that might be generous. It all depends on your style of driving. If you drive like a maniac on the road they won't last long at all.

Boggers are intended for mud. The features that make them a killer off-road tire translate directly to them being a very short lived street tire...the fact that they are D.O.T. approved allows them to be street legal...there are tons of bogger shod street driven trucks in my area...some guys live with the short life and buy new ones...others change to a different tire...depends on what you want...if you want "the look"...nothing looks meaner...if you offroad a lot, they are very good...if you want high mileage from them...look elsewere...

Back