• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein or Fox

Are those the ZJ or XJ springs?
Either way that may be part of the problem, those springs are really soft for heavier rigs.

For relevance, I was running the RE ZJ 5.5" springs with 275/78 Bilstein 7100s. I had quite a bit of body roll in the front end when when dropping off obstacles so I switched to a Skyjacker 8" XJ coil which has a much stiffer spring rate. I had been really happy with that setup over the last several years(40,000+ miles) untill my rig lost 500+ pounds. Now I'm wanting to go back to a softer coil.

Jes said:
Are those the ZJ or XJ springs?
Either way that may be part of the problem, those springs are really soft for heavier rigs.

For relevance, I was running the RE ZJ 5.5" springs with 275/78 Bilstein 7100s. I had quite a bit of body roll in the front end when when dropping off obstacles so I switched to a Skyjacker 8" XJ coil which has a much stiffer spring rate. I had been really happy with that setup over the last several years(40,000+ miles) untill my rig lost 500+ pounds. Now I'm wanting to go back to a softer coil.

Yep dropping off of obstacles, it rocks back and forth quite a bit. It was great until I added the winch and bumpers. Want to trade springs :)

Back