• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

An RC lift and a Rusty's trackbar !!!!And a Rugged Ridge steering set-up.

Last edited:
My Rancho lcas and the Teraflex bushings I installed to quiet them down. I'm sick of the squeaking. Shoulda bought JKS with rubber bushings. The Ranchos are hella strong but they are too rigid so the bushings do all the flexing.

Buying a Jeep from the dealership - shoulda gone with 2x the miles at 1/3 the price.

My Rancho lcas and the Teraflex bushings I installed to quiet them down. I'm sick of the squeaking. Shoulda bought JKS with rubber bushings. The Ranchos are hella strong but they are too rigid so the bushings do all the flexing.

i love my rancho lowers...and the poly bushings that came with them......dont squeak at all....im sorry you reaplaced yours

Spending about a grand on a stereo system before i started wheeling. Could have got a long arm setup instead of riding like a dump truck. Loudest Jeep in town though.

muffler bearings

ebrake cupholder
Procrap es3000 shocks
CORK gaskets!

anyone know where to get the cup holder that goes on the side of the shift bezel?

ebrake cupholder
Procrap es3000 shocks
CORK gaskets!

anyone know where to get the cup holder that goes on the side of the shift bezel?

Dealer.

Part # 5511-5020

I bought one in 2007. Not a bad price but I do not remember how much.

I solved all my cup holder issues by swapping in a center console from the 97+ Jeeps.

My biggest waste of money on my DD: Rancho RS3000 shocks instead of the Napa specials.

Marriage.......Just kidding honey!

Every other vehicle I've owned.
80's GMC Jimmy (even though it was free!)
1990 Cheby Corsica (POS needed more in parts than car was worth) I did make $5 hauling it to P&P after gas to get it there.
1994 Merc Grand Marquis (REALLY starting to HATE Ford's)
All three of the others have Wife's DD.
She takes the Jeep when others have been down, or when it snows.

Last edited:
tj flares, race ace hood vents, and a 3 core radiator(the single core aluminum one from alumrad.com is sooo much better).

AW shifting manual shifter. Shifts on its own, very scary, and thats only one of the problems!!

selling my 2000 XJ to buy a 2005 WK.:doh:

now the wife sold her eclipse drives the Grand and I'm back to a lifted XJ but now it's a 97 with more miles and have to sort of "start over"

Back