• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big thanks!!

I had a great time and met some REALLY cool people.

My only complaint is that I lost playing rock paper scissors :)

That Fireball gave me a headache for 2 days! Lol.

KH

:firedevil:firedevil it was a good meeting you Kevin!

And Dan, im pretty sure it was all the fireball shots you took with us before the raffles that put you to bed early! lol

:firedevil:firedevil it was a good meeting you Kevin!

And Dan, im pretty sure it was all the fireball shots you took with us before the raffles that put you to bed early! lol
haha no, i was definitely the most sober person in camp when i went to bed. i was just tired.

Hey Dan, Been busy with work and prepping for my Cinco de Mayo annual party at Doheny state beach camp ground. I know you helped because someday, you hope, I'll give up my Van license plate that says VANIMAL on it and give it to you for your van! Seriously Dan, once again Muchas Gracias as Julio's ancestors would say. I appreciate the ride back and forth to the trail. I'm glad I was able to drive out on my own power as to make the exit easier for all, and you hanging back and staying of the skinny to see me out (besides the fact you needed me for navigation in getting out! LOL). Luckily it only took a couple hours to get going. Julio has been left out of the thank you by others. He pulled me quite a ways till the other arm gave it up too. So a big thanks to the short Mexican that can drive the hell (I mean inferno) out of his XJ and never break! Lurch, Scott big shout to you on the trail mechanics and extra wrenching. Shaun you too man, for your wrenching, removing the second arm as well as your humor and making light of seemingly catastrophic things, it sure helped! I owe you all Fireball Shots :flamemad:, ! oh shoot, I heard that's a bad thing to bring to a NAXJA event and has been banned from future ones, well a few beers anyway! Did I mention radius arms suck if you really want articulation to rock crawl, at least after the stress of 21 years plus. Needless to say Dan you have talked me into going 3 link so be ready for some brain picking. Thank you to all if I have left anyone out please forgive me. I'd also like to thank a couple more 1) the tweakers for leaving the XJ alone over night and the bears for not ripping it open to get to my cooler with sandwiches oh and last but not least Big Foot for putting the CD's back in their case after he listen to them!

Banned?? I do believe that the whole incident that occurred was not the cause of fireball but more the acts of a unnamed man who seemed to piss a lot of people off! Fireball is not to blame! Lol :) and boss glad to see your rig get off the trail my wife took some good pics of the axle passing your rig haha ill post them up soon!

I want to thank Jeff Doherty (jeff411sk) from the Santa Ana 4 Wheel Parts store for bringing a generous package of raffle items including the Hi-Lift jack, Recovery kit, recovery straps etc.

Many thanks, we look forward to this event every year. Always nice to meet new people, and see people I already know.

Many thanks, we look forward to this event every year. Always nice to meet new people, and see people I already know.

Nice to meet you and nice to do business with you..

(I have a bunch of pictures of your "ass" that I'll be posting later, lol)

Hey Dan, Been busy with work and prepping for my Cinco de Mayo annual party at Doheny state beach camp ground. I know you helped because someday, you hope, I'll give up my Van license plate that says VANIMAL on it and give it to you for your van! Seriously Dan, once again Muchas Gracias as Julio's ancestors would say. I appreciate the ride back and forth to the trail. I'm glad I was able to drive out on my own power as to make the exit easier for all, and you hanging back and staying of the skinny to see me out (besides the fact you needed me for navigation in getting out! LOL). Luckily it only took a couple hours to get going. Julio has been left out of the thank you by others. He pulled me quite a ways till the other arm gave it up too. So a big thanks to the short Mexican that can drive the hell (I mean inferno) out of his XJ and never break! Lurch, Scott big shout to you on the trail mechanics and extra wrenching. Shaun you too man, for your wrenching, removing the second arm as well as your humor and making light of seemingly catastrophic things, it sure helped! I owe you all Fireball Shots :flamemad:, ! oh shoot, I heard that's a bad thing to bring to a NAXJA event and has been banned from future ones, well a few beers anyway! Did I mention radius arms suck if you really want articulation to rock crawl, at least after the stress of 21 years plus. Needless to say Dan you have talked me into going 3 link so be ready for some brain picking. Thank you to all if I have left anyone out please forgive me. I'd also like to thank a couple more 1) the tweakers for leaving the XJ alone over night and the bears for not ripping it open to get to my cooler with sandwiches oh and last but not least Big Foot for putting the CD's back in their case after he listen to them!

No problem Nelson.

I would have helped out more but it seemed like others knew what they were doing so i just stood back and watched. :)

I'm just glad my jeep didnt fall apart when pulling you up :)

Oh and don't jinx it, my Rig is not bullet proof. I mean, Avery helped me with it and so did Max :p

:cheers:

Big thanks to Stephan, Geoff and Carol, they really did all of the major work to put this event together. It was a great event and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I was sure glad to have my engine in and running in time for the event.

Learned lots of things except about how not to use ford radius arms.

I guess for serious hardcore rock crawling NO. You need to keep in mind that those radius arms have been on since I built my 1st V8 XJ in 1992 for the Hammers. Prior to that they were on a Bronco since at least 1979, (66 1st Bronco) which was the last year of that style suspension. That would make them 34 to 47 years old. In 2005 when I changed the threaded stud ends to Johnny Joints, it increased articulation even more. I did weld new shock mounts and cut and tube the ends but never near the "C"s. The excess heat probably was the cause. I should have plated the "C"s from the beginning. That's where they failed. I don't know of anyone else having run Heimed 3 link for over 21 years without having replaced Heims, tubing, or mounts, due to breaks or wear!! Old tech? Yeah! Did it work with no replacement cost or maintenance? Yes. Did it cost me a lot to build it with radius arms? No. They came with the axle! Had I built it back then with heims, I would have probably ripped mounts or changed it several times for newer better design several times over! Did I get my money and enjoyment out of them? Yes! 21 years divided by 0 cost = 0 wish I had a business like that! It would be all profit! It worked but it's time to move on!

Back