• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BIG clunk in front end, left and right.. checked everything....

Have the same noise coming from my '97, got it on a lift last weekend and started shaking everything in the frontend, I found that the only thing that was loose was the trackbar on the end that mounts to the frame.

also check the sway bar drop brackets if your lift included them. I sheared one of my brackets in half and didn't know it and it made a horrable bang noise when turning.

have someone turn the wheel while you look for any play at the various joints. my guess would be the track bar, as well. even if the bolt is tight on the axle end, it tends to get elongated/strected out, allowing the bolt to move rather than hold the axle secure side-to-side. there are a few ways to fix it: weld up a new plate on the mount and drill a new hole in it (http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14271), adapting the trac bar to take a larger bolt that won't move in the mount hole, or replace your axle. personally, i think welding is the best option, if you can get someone to do it.

this post is GREAT! i have this same problem and i have talked to a few friends about it but this thread has defineatly helped!!! ill have to check all this out when i get off work! i was also told that the stock lower control arm bushings are prone to wearing out! so i dont know i still have the stockers! :lecture:

found out what was plaguing me... my sway bar disconnects SUCK!!!!

i was able to figure this out by jumping on my truck to get it rocking while a buddy of mine looked underneith..

then when he though it was the disconnects, we disconnected the linkages and drove around and there was no more clunks.

guess it's time to buy some JKS versions

Back