• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear... the aftermath and the run itself.. long

curt already have my headline news for the first pic of kej on the rocks "wrong way remi wrangles ryans rok rydrz" what da ya think? catchy huh! great ridin with ya but you make it look tooooooooooo easy! lol

LOL so when will I see those pics? I keep hearing about being stuck on a rock.. but so far I haven't seen any proof LOL

It's been fun on the trail with you guys :) I say next time it should be in Curt's corner of the world and we will let him get lost :)

Btw... I liked the boom boom boom ding ding.... in boom.mov

Kejtar

So the XJ has been battle scarred?

Was it worth it?

When is the next run?

(the one time I honor the rule to not wheel a black diamond alone, and I miss all the fun :( )

glad i was there too sequoia! i have more pictures of your rig than anyone elses for some reason. just busy trying to figure where to put them to show .don't want to spend everyones bandwidth attaching them in the socal xj board and haven't figured how to link for naxja. and kej, got your pics with captions!!

Heh... you beat that crossmember to snot... Its done in.. time for a new one... Are you just going to replace it with a Junkyard one, or aftermarket???

Jason

I dont' know what I'm going to do about that crossmember yet...still thinking...either way ti won't be terribly soon as I'm broke!

Mike, were you able to get that video?

mikeyl said:
glad i was there too sequoia! i have more pictures of your rig than anyone elses for some reason. just busy trying to figure where to put them to show .don't want to spend everyones bandwidth attaching them in the socal xj board and haven't figured how to link for naxja. and kej, got your pics with captions!!

Yeah, I got a couple of his too. Yeah, too bad he has NONE of mine from Saturday! :)

Just kidding.

-Mike

Soon. Soon. :) I need to do some maintenance crap first and want to fab up some armor before I bash up the underside too bad. (I'm way too cheap to actually PAY for skid plates!)

Within the next couple weeks though, it's on! Let me know when you want to head back up there and teach those rocks a lesson! lol!

GSequoia said:
Okay, to satisify everybodies morbid curiosity here's the damage pictures:

http://www.sequoiasite.com/XJ/BigBear/Damage/

I have seen more damage from a shopping cart. :D :D Hey I think you need to fix those oil leaks dude, it's pretty wet under there don't you think ?. The rear pinion, trans or t-case, probably the usual engine oil leaks also. When you get some aftermarket LCA's get the MiniSkids that weld on for the axle mounts. They work well.

Last edited:
Actually from the look of it (the old figer the fluid test!) it's oil, not quite as bad as it looks, never cleaned it off after I fixed my valve cover lead, but I'm pretty sure that my rear main is leaking, been to lazy to throw the dye in the engine to trace it out...

If it is the rear main, well, that'll be the kick in the ass to drop the trans. and replace my flywheel, got a few chewed up teeth from a bad Autozone starter I put in a couple years ago (the week it was in the car was long enough to do the damage...was too busy to pull it right out).

Ahh..Jeeps...never ending project!

yeah.. your XJ makes an interesting noise when it starts :)

Kejtar
P.S. Yup.. I got this one big rock that I need to go over again as well... maybe in a month and a half or so :)

GSequoia said:
Actually from the look of it (the old figer the fluid test!) it's oil, not quite as bad as it looks, never cleaned it off after I fixed my valve cover lead, but I'm pretty sure that my rear main is leaking, been to lazy to throw the dye in the engine to trace it out...

If it is the rear main, well, that'll be the kick in the ass to drop the trans. and replace my flywheel, got a few chewed up teeth from a bad Autozone starter I put in a couple years ago (the week it was in the car was long enough to do the damage...was too busy to pull it right out).

Ahh..Jeeps...never ending project!

If it's wet then it's pretty bad. You do not have to pull the trans to do a rear main on a 4.0L, just the oil pan and rear bearing cap. It is a two piece seal.

I've got a moderate run we could do....

Kejtar said:
LOL so when will I see those pics? I keep hearing about being stuck on a rock.. but so far I haven't seen any proof LOL

It's been fun on the trail with you guys :) I say next time it should be in Curt's corner of the world and we will let him get lost :)

Btw... I liked the boom boom boom ding ding.... in boom.mov

Kejtar

I'm will'n if'n you all are will'n...
The only problem is no more weekends off till the fall which will work out temperature wise.... anyone ever hear of Hotel California no not he song.... the little rock house in the desert. Everyone cool with alittle "desert pinstriping?
We can talk about it in the fall.
Remi now after all the ribbing I've given you do you think I'll take you somewhere I'm not familiar with..LOL ! Ain't no way I'm gonna leave myself open like that........

Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Back