• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear... the aftermath and the run itself.. long

Ed A. Stevens said:
When did to front axle fail (when was it noticed)?

It was a ongoing problem I think Ed. There was rust on areas that the paint had peeled away from getting hot so I think it was there over time. I don't think she drove it long distance much. It cooked. Whether it was a prexisting or do to some street driving in Part time with a low right rear tire I don't know exactly. She picked up a screw in the right rear tire sometime. It was flat in Mike's garage.

When we got to Big Bear I actually visually checked her tires (because she had just put that spare up front), so I can tell you that it wasn't extremely low in BB. (That's when she mentioned it feeling like it was still in 4WD, I had her do the back it up gig, I didn't hear anything else from her if it was fixed or not, and I forgot to ask her)

was a great ride sunday. at least sequoia was kind enuf to let his rig take all the big hits ( of course me as a spotter didn't help) thanks to kej for showing us all of the trails in small sections!had a great time and looking forward to ridin' again soon.

as an extra note i unfortunately think the scratch in sequoia's front hitch is my fault. didn't send him to the right soon enuf! once again great ride all, jason curt is right,you're daughter helped make the ride fun,was a kick to see her sneaking up on curt and at one point coming down a trail she had this look of pure joy on her face as you guys went by.you're a great dad! my only bummer was some of you guys made it looks way to easy!
"keep the traction side down"
mike l TRALE B8

Jason... I can send you the route... which will include also my commute to work as well as my trip to irvine, victorville and couple others :) I Forgot to reset the route before going on the trail.....

Kejtar

Hey WWR, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I counted a little more than three "U"s. LOL! You didn't count "I'll go the other way THIS time instead",or, well never mind. Just kidding, Ethan and I had a real good time.

Hey, Jason, did that guy ever come out of that coma?
:WOW: LOL

lol.. that should be: Hey Ryan... Jason was in the waggy with his daugther (I'm still amazed at her endurance!) and Ryan had the sleeping navigator

Yeh, She was still a happy camper at the end of the day! She's a Gem.

In all (semi) seriousness

Remi even though I've only wheeled with you once so far I'd follow you down any dead end trail & eat your dust all day & drive through muddied up water crossings hiding submerged rocks. Yes in truth there wasn't that many wrong turns made I just have to get my digs in, BUT !! I am fond of your new handle WWR which I will take credit for & probably call you by too many times in the future. :D I had a fun time with everyone Young Ryan who by the time I went up front was already through any hazzard and waiting for the next rig... who I think was Mike L. who along with TBent stealthfully were over the obsticles by the time I made my way to the front then Jason & the cuttest (spl) corider smoothly made there way up the trail leaving Sequoia to skillfully pick a line trying to keep the unwanted trail mods to a limit (no WAY ! would I try to do that rock section with a simular set up ..... pure guts! OR ! no brains... ) & his dad.....I'm not a fan of IFS but he and his ranger did a really well....
Thanks for a fun Sunday drive....
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

hey sequoia! the file you have above won't play. it tells me it is a quicktime file witt some software not available on their site. of course it could be this machine at work which has seen better days.

Back