• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear on Sunday July 11th

tcm glx said:
Ok , so a few more questions, meeting is at 845 at the discovery center right, where exactly is that?

Look for a town called Fawnskin on the north side of the lake
(opposite side of the lake from Big Bear). Its to the east about 3 miles but before the cutoff to Big Bear. Once you pass Fawnskin stay on the main road and it will be on your left. see this map...http://www.bigbearmap.com/StreetMap.htm

Also, Rumor is John Bull in reverse and one other trail, which other, and which of the two is more dificult.

And last but not least, can you run one and then leave if it is getting late or once you are on, you r are on all day.......thanks and sorry for all the rookie questions...

Most of the trails up there intersect major dirt hiways so you can bail at the end of each one. If you take John Bull backward you'll end up on one of those main dirt hiways 3N16. Read up here

http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/travels/bigbear.html

I asked the same questions too once.

Ok, you guys use CB radios i assume right, what channel.....I guess I will probably try it out, not really worried about damage, just do not want to hold anyone up with my jeep being less capable.

tcm glx said:
Ok, you guys use CB radios i assume right, what channel.....I guess I will probably try it out, not really worried about damage, just do not want to hold anyone up with my jeep being less capable.
Oh yeah.. I knew I forgot something: CB channel 10.

tcm glx said:
I guess I will probably try it out, not really worried about damage, just do not want to hold anyone up with my jeep being less capable.
Don't worry about it! If that's the only thing holding you back... then you really have no excuse and you gotta show up.

SOunds like i will have to hugh....going to get my CB today as well as my front hooks put on.

So who is going tomorrow, just realized some people got together and went today.......

Anybody mind if another under equiped rig shows up? I'm not a complete rookie or anything but my current vehicle is not where it needs to be just yet. I'm sittin on a 2" BB and 30s but I do have rocker rails and and I'm locked in both ends (yeah I'm slowly workin' on it).

Anyway if no objections I will see you at the Discovery center.

desertjeeper said:
Anybody mind if another under equiped rig shows up? I'm not a complete rookie or anything but my current vehicle is not where it needs to be just yet. I'm sittin on a 2" BB and 30s but I do have rocker rails and and I'm locked in both ends (yeah I'm slowly workin' on it).

Anyway if no objections I will see you at the Discovery center.

If you want I am heading out there on the 17th. we could have a caravan going because I have atleast 1 other rig.

Kejtar said:
I will be back in Big Bear on Sunday. Meeting spot will be Discovery Center @ 9am.

Post here if you're planning to come.

here

here, kejtar, where are you coming from, maybe we can caravan

shannon: are you going to be camping? I do not know if I'd want to make it a one day trip.

Shanbo44 said:
If you want I am heading out there on the 17th. we could have a caravan going because I have atleast 1 other rig.

Thanks for the offer but I don't think I will be able to go next weekend, It's probably tomorrow or nothing for at least a few weeks.

tcm glx said:
here, kejtar, where are you coming from, maybe we can caravan
I'm coming! I'll be leaving OC at 7am... you can gimme a call anywhere from about 7am on :D.

Yeah and the underequipped with two lockers and rock rails is not really under equipped. Just make sure everyone to have towpoints front and rear for the "Just in case" .

xman said:
Cant make it this time guys, have FUN. :bawl:

Lets do something next Saturday?

-- Xman --
No go for me on next Sat... I probably won't be able to get out till mid Aug after this weekend, so I wanna get all my wheeling in that I can.

But the SoCalXJ folks are showing up: Dave Taylor is going to lead it IIRC. The thing is supposed to be 2 days: sat and sun.

Kejtar said:
I'm coming! I'll be leaving OC at 7am... you can gimme a call anywhere from about 7am on :D.

Yeah and the underequipped with two lockers and rock rails is not really under equipped. Just make sure everyone to have towpoints front and rear for the "Just in case" .

need your number?>

Back