• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bfg km2

I'll assume you're referring to putting them on a Jeep.

My vote, is that there are better tires out there for similar money. The Goodyear MT/R (new one w/ Kevlar) would be my choice. The KM2 seems to do great on the tow rig/full size truck type use, but I have simply seen them not perform as well as the MT/R's in mud, snow, and rocks.

John

I'll assume you're referring to putting them on a Jeep.

My vote, is that there are better tires out there for similar money. The Goodyear MT/R (new one w/ Kevlar) would be my choice. The KM2 seems to do great on the tow rig/full size truck type use, but I have simply seen them not perform as well as the MT/R's in mud, snow, and rocks.

John

x2 and I have the km2.

i am running the mtr with kevlar and love them! i would recomend them to anyone

i am running the mtr with kevlar and love them! i would recomend them to anyone

I have heard many reports of those clogging more than the KM2's. They looked like they held up pretty well when we did Naches in the rainy slop a couple months back though.

I've had my KM2's for a full year now, and have ~17,000 miles on them. I've wheeled on them for the past year, and have no real big complaints about them. They have their strengths and weaknesses just like any other tire. For a daily driver that sees 200 miles a week, and a weekend trail runner I think they are a great tire.

Would I buy them again, probably not. Would I trade them for MTR's, probably not.

the only time i have had my mtrs clog up was in the clay type mud. but every tire clogs in that. the tread clears out pretty easily also. they are a great on road tire too. i used to drive about 50 miles a day on them and they were awesome

I do like my MT/r Kevlars and would recommend them to anyone. I have a buddy with KM2's and while he is happy with them, he did say that he would definitely not buy them again.

where are you getting this info about MTR's clogging?

Mainly word of mouth, I have no personal experience with either one though. I'm still running the old BFG mud terrains, LOL.

Mainly word of mouth, I have no personal experience with either one though. I'm still running the old BFG mud terrains, LOL.

I have seen with my own eyes numerous times the new mtr's get much more traction in mud and snow then my km2. don't waste your money make a inform decision. I also think the new mtr's have a thicker sidewall.

Back