• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

betsy once was a little cow (build w/ pics)

hillbilly? what do you mean?

you haven't even seen my jackstands or lift yet.

hacked the old rear frame mounts off today with jbjustin from this forum, moved the jeep to his house so we could use the 220v welder also.

grinded and mocked up the 3x3 to fit the frame rails for left and right.

ate some pizza and called it a night

pics up tomorrow, i am not going home tonight.

Picture111-1.jpg

have you not seen this pic? i mean check out what i think is a bumper. i like the rear hack but the front has something to be desired

well, if you need to store an airhose it's a great bumper! :) I too like how ya did the rear fenderwells, and I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how everything works out

I LOVE the rear Hack. its go me thinking about ditching my bushwackers and building out with something hella sweet... then again its 5:33am and I have been flying for a few days now, lets see how I handle jet lagg the next few days. On another note I totally understand what your doing a friend of mine had built his bronco up to the point where he was doing wheelies with 4.11's and 35" tires. then he geared to 4.88 and now he can blow up u-joints on command; but he played around with his engine alot on the build too.

well, what a weekend.

heres what happen.

started out at my shop, my welder had to go out to a job, so my good buddy justin loaned me his..

turns out my generator cant power his welder, and i dont have 220v out in the field..

Picture038-1.jpg

lifted her up.

Picture039-1.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

this is the point i realized that the power didn't work, after i pulled the rear.

Picture041-1.jpg

Picture042-1.jpg

so we trailered it on over to justins house. with the chevy monster truck.

Picture043-1.jpg

his redneck yard, there is a chevy 350 and a dump truck front end that was sawzalled off, an XJ, a ford 78 f150, a few axles, and other carnage parts, and what redneck yard would be complete without two big dogs.

Dude, this isn't the prettiest build thread I've seen but I have to give you mad respect for what you are doing under the apparent conditions. Same with another guy getting (much more) crap for the way he is butting a chevy big block & rockwells into his xj - in his driveway.
Cojones, amigo. Can't wait to see the end result.

nah justin, not working today i am sick as can be. i went to your house got everything out and started but man, i couldn't do it.

picked up the gears and install kits.

the spool is in my mailbox i think.

Picture083.jpg

4 wheel parts.

Picture084.jpg

bought and paid for

Picture086.jpg

internet ready photo display

Picture087.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture098.jpg

so, i got the ring gear on the spool, and the bearings pressed onto the pinion, ran out of time, and i was sick again today, didn't go to work or anything.

tomorrow i should finish setting up the gears, and get the rear axle perches drilled properly by the drill press, and weld them in, and see where the rear is going to sit.

Back