• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS Built Rear FF Dana 60 5.13 Detroit 4340 etc

ROKRWLR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swapping out my rear 60 for a wider axle to match my new front axle, so this one is up for grabs. It's built with just about anything you could want and ready to bolt in! The perches are set up for XJ width (44"-45" spring with I think), but also now has a truss on it for a 4-link I was going to start.

I really don't want to part this out as its a great axle to use right away, but if enough people want parts, I might consider it.

Dana 60 Full Float rear axle (70's era)
  • 8x6.5" bolt pattern
  • 65.5" WMS width
  • 5.13 Yukon gears
  • Yukon install kit w/ all Timken bearings.
  • 1310 U-bolt yoke to fit Jeep drive shaft size (I think I also have the old 1350 yoke somewhere, too)
  • Detroit Locker
  • 30 spline 4340 Yukon shafts (2 trails run on these new shafts)
  • ARP axle flange bolts that actually stay tight!
  • 30 spline 1541 Yukon spare shafts (originally built the axle with these when 4340 wasn't available for this one).
  • Chevy K20 front caliper disk brake conversion with Great Lakes Offroad bolt on brackets (all included).
  • TNT U bolt eliminator spring perches with 1" lift and 0" or 1.5" wheelbase stretch options.
  • Ruffstuff Specialties Beefy Truss (Just put this on and was getting ready to switch it to 4 link)
  • Ruffstuff Specialties Diff cover (3/8" thick)
  • Lube Locker gasket ( stop f-ing around with RTV)
  • I think that's everything.....

The only thing you should need to do to run it is possibly put on new shock mounts for your rig, and hook it up to your brake line T-block. I have shocks mounted on top of the leaf spring plates with my shocks up high.

Sorry, I know these are crappy pictures. It's really dirty and the Jeeps stuck in a bad location for pictures since I killed my motor last time out and haven't been able to wash the thing. Axle is still bolted in, but I'll pull it ASAP.

Asking $800 obo.

There's easily $2K+ in parts alone here, so it's a great start to a full width swap for someone. Save yourself some money and a bunch of time!

Sonny
3oh3-8oh9-5four74
This picture is a steel wheel mounted to a 2 1/2" spacer, so hub would stick out about that much more from your wheel.

That's ok.. I've been lazy and haven't pulled it out yet. Hopefully someone could use a good deal and give it a home under another XJ. I'd really hate to part it out.

Winter's sneaking up and I need to get all of these parts out and off to new homes so I can get the new ones in and most importantly, my wife's car in the garage again before the snow starts to fly!

A engine, trans and axle sitting on the garage floor in her spot is wearing out what little Jeep patience (maybe more like tolerance) she has left.

Back