• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way to install coil spacers

Personally I would rather just drop the control arms. I have done this job several times now and while dropping the steering (2 nuts), track bar (1 bolt), shocks (4 bolts), Calipers (2 bolts), and LCA's (2 bolts) can take a little bit longer, it is far easier and safer.

Personally I would rather just drop the control arms. I have done this job several times now and while dropping the steering (2 nuts), track bar (1 bolt), shocks (4 bolts), Calipers (2 bolts), and LCA's (2 bolts) can take a little bit longer, it is far easier and safer.

This my recommendation as well--and I too, have R&R'd my springs a number of times.
Using a spring compressor will work, but sence it's easy(er?) to do it by disconnecting what's necessary, I would not risk re-arranging my head!

I used a lift and spring compressors to do my lift. I ll be using a lift and spring compressors to do my drop on the comanche as well. Oh, and air tools, big gain to be had with the air tools.

I used a lift and spring compressors to do my lift. I ll be using a lift and spring compressors to do my drop on the comanche as well. Oh, and air tools, big gain to be had with the air tools.

I used that method to install my first lift, removing the parts is easier.;)

i dont know what to say, other then trusting a ratchet strap on a compressed coil is retarded... i hope you are gonna be happy when someone kills themselfs listening to you chedisme.
it might have allready happened, a lot of people go thru significant extra effort to avoiding compressing coils proper!

I just want to throw it out there...I litterally JUST installed my 1.75" spacers, I at first used spring compressors, well one got loose and shot off on me when I was impact wrenching them down...hit the Jaguar and cost me $300 for a stupid reverse light. Unbolting the trackbar made a WORLD of difference for me.

~Scott

I just installed new 5.5" re coils to replace a 4.5" rustys coil while using a 2" spacer on both. All I did was use spring compressors while at ride height, disconnect the sway bar, use a high lift to jack up one side at a time, carefully tighten the compressors with an air gun and pull it out.
This was extreme easy and took less than an hour. To get the compressors back off the coil I pressed down on it while my brother un-compressed them evenly and fluidly.

All I can say is don't use straps, use the metal hooks and take your time to make sure that they are evenly spaced around the coil, and just do one compressor on a side a little at a time then the other. Just go slow, stay even, and make sure that the compressor hooks never even hint of moving.

100_4911.jpg

strut compressors? what the hell do you use those for? :D

...old pic, immediately after installing the clayton arms. shocks disco'd, hell i hadn't even taken out the stock UCA's yet, i was so excited to flex it behind the shop hahah. annnnyway. not a reccommended method, probably isn't the safest :) although I will admit i have swapped coils this way

like i said in another thread: he who has clayton... sheesh:moon:

lol. couldn't resist :)

Back