• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best value in replacement seats?

I'll check it out, thanks. I like the direct bolt-in feature, but the side bolsters on the seatbase pictured are too tall for my needs.

This one looks like what I need. It has a Rugged Ridge part number. Anyone have experience with these?

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/partsSQL/images/small-10547-13445.09.jpg

Featured Item: Front XHD Reclining Seat Assembly Cherokee & Comanche 1984-2001
Finally a seating design that fits 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee & Comanches without the use of an add-on adapter bracket. This revolutionary new patent pending design is the first true replacement seating up-grade in the last 30 years! By offering a model year specific program for late model Wranglers, the consumer only needs to purchase the replacement seat and not be bothered with those expensive add-on adapter brackets. Furthermore, while developing these new designs, we up-graded specific components of the seats creating the most durable seating program on the market today. Now you can offer a complete replacement seating solution for all Cherokees. The XHD seats, though they look similar, are an up-grade to our current designs. Low cost seat replacement option. Style matches the original Jeep® look with horizontal stitching and infinite recline mechanism • Great entry level price point for the Cherokee • Constructed of durable automotive grade textured vinyl and available in three factory matching colors: Gray, Black Denim, Spice which is more like the Carmel Tan color. .These Seats Feature--- :DURABLE POWDER COAT PAINTED WELDED INTERIOR FRAME TO PREVENT INTERIOR SEAT RUST FROM ANY MOISTURE & TO PROVIDE LASTING COMFORT. : SPECIAL PATENT SEAT DESIGN ALLOWS FOR SEAT BASE TO INSTALL WITHOUT ANY ADAPTER BRACKETS-WHICH SAVES MONEY & TRULY PROVIDES EXTRA STRENGTH. : EACH (XHD)EXTRA HEAVY DUTY SEAT IS DESIGNED TO ALL FUNCTIONALITY ON 1984-2001 JEEP CHEROKEE & COMANCHES BY HAVING A UNIQUE DESIGN THAT INCORPORATES THE FACTORY FRONT SLIDER FEATURE ALONG WITH A BUILT IN RECLINER MECHANISM FOR COMFORT.ONLY RUGGED RIDGE HAS THIS OPTION ON A LATE MODEL WRANGLER SEAT. : HEAVY DUTY SEAT BASE INCORPORATES A CAD DESIGNED GIRDER SYSTEM WHICH PROVIDES TWICE THE STRENGTH OF ANY OTHER REPLACEMENT SEAT ON THE MARKET TODAY. : DENSE FOAM PACK & HEAVY DUTY RAISED SPRING DESIGN CREATES A MORE COMFORTABLE SEATING EXPERIENCE. THIS NEW "COMFORT DESIGN" HAS BEEN CREATED TO ENSURE SEAT LONGEVITY & COMFORT ALL IN ONE PACKAGE. : FOUR HEAT TREATED GRADE-8 7/16" SIDE BOLTS ATTACH THE SEAT BASE TO THE SEAT BACK.THIS INCREASED SIZE STRENGTHENS THE SEAT BACK & EXCEEDS DOT STANDARDS FOR USE SEAT BELT ATTACHMENTS-NORMALLY 8MM BOLTS. : ALL LOWER SEAT AREAS HAVE AN EXPANDED BOLSTER AREA PROVIDING A WIDER SEATING AREA FOR MORE COMFORT. WIDER BOLSTERS ALSO PROVIDE EASIER ACCESS/EXIT WHILE ENTERING & LEAVING THE VEHICLE. : INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE RECLINING MECHANISM LETS YOU CUSTOMIZE THE SEAT RECLINE POSITION FOR THE ULTIMATE COMFORT & FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT ARE TALLER OR HAVE SOME CHRONIC BACK PAIN--THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT REASONS TO GET A NEW SEAT. : EACH SEAT OFFERS AN INDUSTRY LEADING 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY. THESE PARTICULAR SEATS ARE THE OE REPLACEMENT STYLE WITH A BEEFY KICK.PURCHASE ONE AT A TIME OR SAVE MONEY WHEN GETTING A PAIR. RUGGED RIDGE SEAT PART# GRAY#13445.09 BLACK DENIM#13445.15 SPICE#13445.37

I too have been looking at the Rugged Ridge XHD seat for my 1995. 4wheelparts has a sale this weekend 10% off. I'm gonna get one. I'll post info after I install it.

WJ seats will not bolt to a pre-96 seat frame, you have to either adapt the bottom of a 1996 frame to work with the 1993 floor pan or adapt the top of your 1993 to fit the bottom of a 1996 seat.

personally I'd rather adapt the 1996- frame bottom once. that way all other seats from 1996 up, WJ's, etc will be a simple bolt-in.

Those rugged ridge seats don't come highly regarded. cheap materials, thin foam, and the seat bottom is rather short and unsupported. Too bad, because I was about ready to pull the trigger on them myself.

PRP has seats and frames that supposedly bolt right in, but they're $$ and I don't know how tall they sit once in the car.

Best value? Hiring your fellow American worker's_products could be part of that equation, 'eh?:patriot: I do not have a replacement need now, and in the past I've simply repaired any seat I've had that requires it.

HOWEVER: If I was to get a pair of seats to meet your idea of fitment, I'd worry less about cost, and save up for it, lol. Comfort on long DD-hauls is my priority, that.., and all that 'lurching-about' on riding in uneven territory. I'd look into:http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=1069

YES; the above "pair" of American Made KOR non-folding seats are approximately 1.62 times the cost of another "pair" so far listed, and I suspect made in china.., a chicom product affiliated with the nwo, etc.:huh:

I have a 2 door myself and picked up some WJ seats from a guy on craigslist about a month ago. I have been looking at how these are going to go in. From the looks of it I will have to use my current 2 door seat rails/mounts and remove from old seats. Remove the WJ mounts and fab up a bracket of sorts to clear the motors since they are electric. Once I work that out I will need to run wires for the new seats and then mod the seats for access to the rear. The reason I say mod is that I am thinking the electric recline on the seats will not be enough for access to the rear. I have also been thinking about YJ bases (I think its the YJ's that have these) that flip up for access to the rear and modding them up.

Lil joe : you can swap the electric recline hinge for the ones on your old seats

Pretty sure that depends on the year.

The early ones, like my 89, had the release lever up high on the side, by your shoulder. I don't think you can swap those out.

The later seats, like the ones I stole from a 2000, have the lever low and on the back. Those are the swappable ones.

I don't know when the changeover was, but Joe's 94 is probably pretty close...

Robert

I thought only the renix had the lever up high.
Either way, wrenchmonkeys info is correct. Sorry for not giving a more thourough description, but typing on my phone sucks.

Yeah I already checked it. It has a busted cable. Another thing I have to fix is my doors are starting to sag and I need to weld the hinges.

you sure about that? i have zj rails here and they are completely different than my 91 xj rails. i dont see how a zj seat will bolt to the old style xj rails without modification. i think he has to get the 96+ rails.

I have had ZJ front seats in my 95 and they bolted right up to my stock 95 seat bases. Then I put those seats in my 96 on the stock 96 bases after I wore the body out on my 95. Both though are after the change in floor pans.

Back