• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best swampers for my rig thinking boggers

If you're not confident with your machine or abilities, have someone else weld the spring perches on for you. The keys are the same as any welding job, clean base materials and good penetration. When I welded my perches on, I made four solid tack beads per perch (one on each corner) then removed the axle for ease of welding. I ran a tight bead right in the radius of the two parts, then an overlapping bead over the junction. Once again, good penetration (heat) and laying down a nice, consistent bead.

Welding takes lots of practice. Practice on junk metal until you can lay a nice consistent bead, and then start with small non-structural type projects until you're confident in your ability.

im confident in my welding ability wasnt sure if u had to be real careful with the heat and that still dont think i can get good enough penitration with my rig would feel better if i could stick weld it what do yall think

I can weld o.k , but I had my buddy thats a welder/machinist weld my spring perch's on my 8.8 , it would really suck to have the welds break and couse driveline damage just becouse I wanted to skimp alittle.I rather give someone a couple of bucks(or a case of beer) to have it done right , then to have it break and spend a boat load of money to fix it later.

Back