• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best shocks?

joshjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i was wanting to know which are the best shocks for a 4" lift i am looking for alot of wheel travel and i was thinking rancho or skyjacker? also if i could get part numbers? thanks in advance guys

Skyjacker shocks are terrible...

Some love rancho, but I think the only ones worth getting are the 9000s - they are adjustable - but then again, i've also heard of a lot of people breaking off the plastic adjustment knob.

Teraflex makes decent shocks, but most will tell you to go with Old Man Emu - you'l need the "long travel" shocks for 4". Bilstein also makes good shocks from what I've read...

Trust me, you dont want skyjacker - i had a set before i knew any better, and they were awful....

GoJeep, down there in your part of the world, runs Rancho 9000s I believe....

Definitely go Bilstein if you're looking for best performance for the price. If you're a tweaker or do a lot of highspeed driving, the 7100s are the best "inexpensive" shock and you can revalve. If you want the benefits of the 7100 without the ability to rebuilt/revalve then 5150s are a good trade off (under $99 per shock). I have the 12" travel 5150s.

I used to scoff at everyone telling me to run bilstiens.

Then I drove a jeep that has them. :/

I have 7100's on all 4 corners.

If you dont want to pony up $800 for shocks, buy bilstien 5150's at $80 per and see how long it takes you to get tired of smiling.

Edelbrock IASs are decent.

Bilstein 5150s are VERY affordable and ppl love em. rustysoffroad.com sells them at a great price at $89 per.

I just installed Bilstein 7100s on the rear and so far I love em. They are double the price but so far they are worth every extra penny.

We cant really give you part numbers because you will need to measure yourself since each 4" lift will be different. Go to bilstein.com and find the application closest to your extended and collapsed measurements

yeah skyjacker is ruff unless you go to the platnium or up series

procomp - gas charged like skyjacker nitros ruff unless you hit mx-6 or remote res levels

rancho - any of their gas shocks are better than most others gas charged shock - the in cab system with the 9000x i believe series is pretty cool - my friend has it his YJ - good set up

rough country, rustys, or any hydro are pretty much the same and the cheapest but for a lot of road go with a gas charged shock - its only a little more but well worth it

oh RE makes nice gas as well

I'm running OME... I don't have the extended ones, but you'll need them.

The part numbers are N35L (front) and N36L (rear)...
Rubicon Express has them for 291 dollars for all 4.

Haven't ridden on Bilsteins yet...

Back