• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best riding shock?

emr1101 said:
Im looking for a new set of shocks to replace my RE twin tubes, i was thinking about bilsteins whats the smoothest riding shock i can get?

When you talk about smooth ride, do you mean on the freeway, dirt road, offroad, etc. I have Bilstein 5150's with the medium valving up front and 5125's in back and they are absolutely awesome on the freeway, offroad with lots of ruts and uneven ground and dirt roads with washboards. However, "fast" bumps like speedbumps or potholes and they are really no different in my opinion of any other shock out there like rancho, DT3000, etc. Of course potholes and speedbumps will proabably make any shock feel like shit and we have a ton of pothole EVERYWHERE in michigan.....on the city streets, highway, country roads, etc. Cheapest place I found was topguncustomz.com, it was around 300 shipped for 2-5150s and 2-5125s

Last edited:
Buying cheap shocks or struts for any vehicle is a waste of hard earned money. If you don't want to buy a good shock like Bilstein, stay with your old ones unless they're busted. Even mild off roading will turn cheap shocks into mush.

Back