• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy 3" .5 wall DOM

Adam90xj

NAXJA Forum User
i'm re-tubing a hp 44 and would like to know the best place to order short cuts of DOM. I only need about 3.5' and at somewhere around $25 a foot every inch counts. Please let me know if you have a place in mind !

Thanks
Adam

My local steel suppliers suck. I live in gainesville, Fl and can't really get any DOM locally. There are some places about 2hrs away but i would have to order 20' lengths !

I did think about using the .25 wall with a truss.... That might be the way to go. Does anyone have pics of good truss setups for the front? I will be sticking with my 4-link setup in the front.

Thanks
Adam

Thanks man... i went to the schoolboy page from pirate... sweet prices ! 4' 3"x.50 wall shipped to fl was $88... can't beat that !!!

I looked at the weight difference between 3/8 wall and 1/2 and it was only just over 3 lbs a foot. I'm goin with the 1/2 so i don't have to worry about trussing the crap out of it.

Thanks
Adam

How do you order from the School Boy Page? I can't even find contact info.!

IslanderXJ said:
How do you order from the School Boy Page? I can't even find contact info.!

I sent PM's to him thru Pirate. I may have a e-mail address for him. If I find it I will forward it to you. Otherwise join Pirate4x4 and send a PM to userid "Carwash".

MGrobe said:
I sent PM's to him thru Pirate. I may have a e-mail address for him. If I find it I will forward it to you. Otherwise join Pirate4x4 and send a PM to userid "Carwash".
Hey, Thanks!!

Back