• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place in the country to live?

I went to a Navy school up there, nice place to visit, no place to live... Of course, I still know lots of women up there...

I went to a Navy school up there, nice place to visit, no place to live... Of course, I still know lots of women up there...
sounds like weekend driving distance to Chicago is the place for you then.

so, does anybody know anybody in the HR pool in power generation?

Isnt too hard to find a job in Power Generation. I got out in 01, after 10 yrs as a GSM. Ive been working at a combined cycle plant for about 8 years(Did two years in a simple cycle). If you are interested in staying government, look at USAJOBS.GOV. Theres lots of hydro plant jobs available to guys like you with prior service and the skills youve picked up. Even more if you have some electrical, or instrumentation experience. I live in Coastal Georgia. Its nice here, but the summers are rough.

Pay at Combined Cycles normally hovers around 100-110K/yr. With lots of OT, just due to the way they staff the plants. Get used to doing everything:) You have any more questions, let me know I can try and help.

Most of Nevada is awesome. Here we are right at the base of the Sierras, only about 1.5 hours from the Rubicon and Fordyce, only .5 hours from Lake Tahoe itself. Plus, we have tons of desert with almost never ending trails on public land. The job and housing markets are in shambles (good if you are looking to buy and can find work), but the views and outdoor access is unparalleled. The gun laws are great, and there are plenty of places to go shooting.

Help from another GSM thats what I needed. I forgot all about usajobs. Ill get on there directly. Thanks Tim! what boats you been on?

Back