• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

with that price, compared to the rest, I suspecting that one has an engine... The $3k 1970 goat is a hella-bettter price, though!

2001 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 * Immaculate Inside & Out * Mechanic Special - $2900 (Northglenn)

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5421936182.html

00b0b_8ViPUzu2moe_600x450.jpg

2001 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with ONLY 166k.
4.0 L, 6 Cyl., Selec-Trac, 4x4, Hi/Lo/2wd
Power wind0ws, Locks, Mirrors & Seats.
A/C, Cruise Control, AM/FM/Cas/Stereo.
Compass/Temperature/Trip Computer.
Clean & Un-Torn Grey Cloth Upholstery.
Tinted Windows, Luggage Rack.
Child Car Seat Anchors, Dual Airbags.
Tow Package with hitch receiver & p0wer hook-up.
Custom Alloy Wheels & Newer Tires, Spare & Jack.
No dents, scratches or Rust.
Clean Title.

Unfortunately the engine needs a head job.
It starts, runs and drives but is sold as a 'tow away'.

Call or Text ...Joe. . .3/495/8695

Last edited:
2001 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 * Immaculate Inside & Out * Mechanic Special - $2900 (Northglenn)

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5421936182.html

00b0b_8ViPUzu2moe_600x450.jpg

2001 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with ONLY 166k.
4.0 L, 6 Cyl., Selec-Trac, 4x4, Hi/Lo/2wd
Power wind0ws, Locks, Mirrors & Seats.
A/C, Cruise Control, AM/FM/Cas/Stereo.
Compass/Temperature/Trip Computer.
Clean & Un-Torn Grey Cloth Upholstery.
Tinted Windows, Luggage Rack.
Child Car Seat Anchors, Dual Airbags.
Tow Package with hitch receiver & p0wer hook-up.
Custom Alloy Wheels & Newer Tires, Spare & Jack.
No dents, scratches or Rust.
Clean Title.

Unfortunately the engine needs a head job.
It starts, runs and drives but is sold as a 'tow away'.

Call or Text ...Joe. . .3/495/8695

That is WAY overpriced, looks very clean, but needing a head gasket thats worth ~$1000 max.

Edit: i just clicked on the craigslist and it has been deleted, guess theres a sucker born every day lol

That is WAY overpriced, looks very clean, but needing a head gasket thats worth ~$1000 max.

Edit: i just clicked on the craigslist and it has been deleted, guess theres a sucker born every day lol

You obviously have not purchased nor priced a clean late model XJ recently. He was asking probably about half of what he could get for it if it did not need a head.

I agree -- few hunny in the engine and its a cheap beauty.

That sucker that bought the clean xj would be me. He had to go way down on the price since the tires are bald and it actually has a rod knock. Luckily I have an extra engine for one. Hard to find the 60th anniversary ones.

You obviously have not purchased nor priced a clean late model XJ recently. He was asking probably about half of what he could get for it if it did not need a head.

Actually I have, I have bought several late model XJs in the last few months. But I look at it differently than most as I buy to fix and re-sell and wont buy it if I cant make a profit on it. Someone who wanted to buy, fix and keep would be in a different situation.

That sucker that bought the clean xj would be me. He had to go way down on the price since the tires are bald and it actually has a rod knock. Luckily I have an extra engine for one. Hard to find the 60th anniversary ones.

Congrats, as long as you are happy with the deal thats all that counts. :thumbup: The 60th anniversary editions are cool, my wife drives a silver 60th just like that

My buddy Terry and I discussed this XJ last night before he went to look at it. Hes no newbie to XJs having owned and flipped a metric-ton of em to supplement the family income.

He got a good deal for what it is and what it needs. The seller was a used car lot / dealer who took it in on trade without driving it first........he claimed to have paid $2500, ended up taking a good bit less........... Karma probably for all the shady deals they tossed on folks.lol.

Congrats Terry! You got one of the more coveted XJs out there. :thumbup:

I didn't know King was using Sharpie to brand their shocks now

and the 2T steering upgrade may be overkill

00p0p_hjEP1XAnqMb_600x450.jpg

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5439693949.html

New:
235x75 R15 Goodyear tires (less than 2000 miles)
20 new locking lug nuts
3" Rough Country lift kit with leaf springs
King Shocks Front and Back
Rubicon Express Adjustable Track bar
Rubicon Express lower control arms
Rubicon Express Upper control arm Bushings
1" Transfer Case drop
2T steering Linkage upgrade (Painted Grey)
Moog Tie Rod Ends
Timkin unit Bearings
Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors/ Brake pads
Rear Brake Drums and Shoes
All New Brake Lines
Power Steering Pump
Serpentine Belt
Exhaust Manifold
CAT-Back Exhaust System (allows it to breath better/ a little bit louder)
Hatch lift Arms
Oil Filter Mount O-Rings
Battery/ Battery Cables
Both Exhaust Sensors
Wipers Front/Rear
Flushed Brake Fluid
Transfer Case Fluid
Throttle Body Spacer
Oil Pan Gasket
Air Filter
Just did oil change and rotation about 200 miles ago and cleaned Mass air flow sensor

Wow, that ended up selling for $16k. I get that it only had 36k miles, and it is in amazing condition, but it's a freakin' 4x2 and doesn't have cruise control (which is weird to me considering it's fully optioned otherwise), and that after market hitch is crap. I'm saying it now, good clean unmolested examples of XJs are going to become collector cars.

Wow, that ended up selling for $16k. I get that it only had 36k miles, and it is in amazing condition, but it's a freakin' 4x2 and doesn't have cruise control (which is weird to me considering it's fully optioned otherwise), and that after market hitch is crap. I'm saying it now, good clean unmolested examples of XJs are going to become collector cars.

The lack of cruise control is odd in the 00 and 01 years, I was doing some tracking on it at one point and found that the non cruise models tended to be in certain production dates. I was tracking the MDH and serial to see how it all was correlated. I could only make out a loose correlation.

Back