• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

Oh how I want this.

1951 ford f1 - $1800 (denver)
It's got everything you see. Great patina for a Rat rod. Underneath is solid. Only rust through is on the fenders and passenger floorboard. Inline 6 is junk but yours. 4 speed! I have all the glass with rubber. Get it now for $1800 before I change my mind. I might be willing to throw the flathead v8 in for another $1500. I also have a 51 boxed frame with vin and title. Call or text.
00V0V_5WIsXEFmHtP_600x450.jpg

I literally spit my ginger ale everywhere. I thought I would have been more prepared with the flood of 7k XJ's viewed just before that.

I agree -- at $10k he'd move it quick. Its awful purdy.

1999 Jeep XJ - $10800 (Woodland Park)
00505_8TpryYYMaFI_600x450.jpg

1999 Jeep XJ, amethyst color, 107xxx original miles, new Rough Country 4 1/2" lift heavy pit arm and tie rod and new rear springs, new 33" Mud Country Dick Cepek tires, M/T wheels, brand new 4.56 gears with ARB diff covers, speedometer set to tire size, new Alpine stereo with 1000 watt 12" sub and new door speakers, Bushwacker Flat Flairs. This vehicle was professionally built, no death wobble on highway and has not been off road since built. Brand new street legal tint and on star rear view mirror. I have all the receipts for the car from 2002 to now.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I think before posting on Craigs List you should be CRACK FREE !

Minor rant for the morning: :gonnablow

When you strip an axle, please keep the gosh dang darn bearing caps with the axle!

Your nice, and possibly desireable axle is now an heavy paperweight without those bearing caps. Why would you take them out and not keep them?

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5023919736.html

Dana 44 Front axle for a 2007 through 2014 Jeep Rubicon/wrangler. The axle doesn't come with the gear as you can see in the pictures.
00e0e_9zf5VpLOFID_600x450.jpg

4WD Ford Rangers have a D-35 TTB axle...

Minor rant for the morning: :gonnablow

When you strip an axle, please keep the gosh dang darn bearing caps with the axle!

Your nice, and possibly desireable axle is now an heavy paperweight without those bearing caps. Why would you take them out and not keep them?

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5023919736.html

00e0e_9zf5VpLOFID_600x450.jpg

Seller is an idiot and you should screw them hard on price using this as justification, but you can get aftermarket stronger bearing caps from a few places and have the bores re-linebored. I forget where I was reading about it.

People don't realize that you have to use the same caps and the same orientation if you want them to stay round. I've seen people selling axles without the caps saying "eh just get a set at the junkyard" and even worse, people selling axles with random caps thrown in there that didn't come with that axle, without mentioning that they are mismatched.

Protip on not getting screwed on this: almost all dana/spicer axles come with the caps and housing pre match stamped. There will be a random letter stamped into the cover gasket surface upright on one side, and upright on the same end of the bearing cap for that side, the same letter will be stamped in 90 degrees rotated on the other side and its bearing cap. If the letters on the caps don't match the housing and/or are not oriented correctly and at the right ends of the caps, you shouldn't trust the gear setup in the axle (letters match but not in the right spots) and/or shouldn't buy the axle (wrong letters.) Obviously there is a 1/26 chance of some one finding the right lettered caps in the yard to throw in, but the kind of people who forget to keep the bearing caps are generally not smart/skilled enough to remember to get caps with the right letters when they get them at the yard.

I would consider taking up residence in that truck... if it was 4wd.

Back