• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

Was the 2.1 even available in 90? I've never heard of a diesel Jeep in the US after 87 or 88.

And it has a metric dash, that thing's got to be an import. Probably brought up because I think you're required to use diesel powered vehicles in mines per OSHA standards.

The guy told me he thought
It had a 4bt motor when he bought it.
Bowie mine is selling all there fleet vehicle
Some with 4bts and others with the identical motors as the Comanche

Was the 2.1 even available in 90? I've never heard of a diesel Jeep in the US after 87 or 88.

And it has a metric dash, that thing's got to be an import. Probably brought up because I think you're required to use diesel powered vehicles in mines per OSHA standards.

MSHA is who enforces rules in mines. They are way stricter than OSHA. I'm not sure about underground mines using only diesel, but after 6.0 and 6.4's problems we are going to gas engines in our F250,350,450 and 550 trucks. Is the 2.1 a Renault engine ? Really curious about this truck and its history. (not curious enough to buy it as I have plenty of other jeeps to work on ). The metric dash is also interesting... off to research.

And why split it into two intakes????

Am I seeing it correctly that it's drawing in air from the INSIDE of the jeep behind and above the passenger seat? When submerged in water, if he had his window(s) rolled up, wouldn't that create a vacuum in the cabin and help draw more water in through the little air gaps and whatnot? And if he's sealed the jeep up that good he could suck all the breathable air out......

Did ya watch the vid where he got swamped while dragging the tow strap and his H3 driving buddy waded out to get the strap..... and then realized "What am I going to attach this to? I left the truck way back there!" :roflmao: You could see him look at the strap, then at his H3, then the strap and then the H3..... like he was thinking "I found the strap, but if I drop it to go get the truck, I gotta find it again." Then the 3rd guy gets smart and drives the H3 out to him.

Also, that guy apparently takes his "loaded with options including leather and heated seats" into deep water enough to cause him to build in a pair of bilge pumps. Given how effing dirty/muddy that interior was, I can't imagine the seats and heaters are worth a damn now.

Unreal.

OMFG. So instead of it looking "bad" outside the vehicle, it looks like hell inside. With a bonus option of being able to siphon water from directly under the vehicle the first time he even comes near a small submerged rock with the goofy cleanout.

yeah, and you guys are assuming that the douchebag and his buddies are competent enough to use PVC glue and that it would have to break to suck water... I'd be willing to bet there are some bad joints in that tinkertoy and it'll suck it up without ever hitting shit. I almost want to subscribe to his youtube just so I can report back when he purchases replacement Hemi no. 2... what a douchenozzle.

Buahahaha, took TJ flares to a whole other level.

Yeah........ the 3" extended versions........ looks like the Flying Nun.

FlyingNun02_5237.JPG

00k0k_bc7E64lrl49_600x450.jpg

Back