• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best long arm kit

Which long arm upgrade

• Clayton Hard arm kit ($799) welding required

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • RE Long arm upgrade ($949)

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Rusty's Long arm upgrade ($800 ?)

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WNC Custom Jeeps said:
Clayton's are some real beef for sure.

We should have our BOLT on XJ long arm kit out in about a month...at a really nice price.

Stay tuned.

I have worked with WNC before and they are great about replying and helping out. Id expect great things from them
P.S. the lift is great jody

Alaskaflyr said:
Could you please elaborate! I'm getting ready to purchase everything to re-do my XJ in the next week. I'll hold out if what you have is quality at a decent price. Do you have a web site or any pics?

Thanks

Gary
his website is:
http://www.wnccustomjeeps.com/

e-mail or PM him - he is johny on the spot with answeres to every question that i had...

I know you guys are still dwelling over the same stuff rusty RE and claton. but they are all basicly the same the full tracion and the RockKrawler are not radius arms systems.

A couple posts back you mentioned unbalance articulation so I attached a photo of my RockKrawler Kit and I am running a sway bar in the back I know some one mentioned it in the one of the 20 polls going on this subject.

209374809qlHgOk_ph.jpg

:D Look at this and shut up :D

asd.sized.jpg

:D

This is a self made kit, basically a rustys long arm front (replaced everything except the crossmember) with 1 upper arm connected to one of the lower arms. Self constructed double triangulated 4 link rear with coilovers in front and 7.5" TJ RE rear coils in the rear.

The suspension is flexed to the maximum at this point (left front and right rear taking all the weight) and as you can see it is a perfect level. These are 39.5 boggers so the height difference at each side is about 35"

Last edited:
I installed a Rustys la kit in Nov. The front has work great but the rear springs are killing me. They pulled my stock shackles up to the body. I had to load the back end with 500 lbs of block to get them to droop. After two good trail runs and a long run up a wash they are starting to relax. I think it is going to be good after I twik it hear and there.

If I went with long arms, I'd go to Rock Control in Chico, CA. They say they have improved on the Clayton design that they bought from Clayton. They give a great price on the package installed, I think I got a quote of $750 installed for their long arm kit.

Troy

how about this one kejtar:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back