• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best 8.25 slectable locker? for the money.....

ARB's are the best lockers period. No matter what axle you are asking about. However, they are not cheap, and you have to have an air source. But if you are going to wheel, you will be getting or already have, that air source.

Was there a brand you had in mind? I'm asking 'cause I don't think there's a lot of choices out there for a 8.25 Also, "reasonably priced" is a very relative term, what I think is reasonably priced my wife think's is a ridiculously overpriced waste of money, I think that's how she puts it.

Last edited:
yea i was lookin for a decent electric locker, i was looking into the arb and i do have viair oba but its so expensive. is the eaton elocker the only electric locker for the 8.25?

i guess i'd be better off swappin to an 8.8 with disc brakes and all the gearing and locker options but i really dont need anything stronger than the 8.25. i have 3 inches and 31's

98stocker said:
ARB's are the best lockers period. No matter what axle you are asking about. However, they are not cheap, and you have to have an air source. But if you are going to wheel, you will be getting or already have, that air source.

While I run ARB lockers, I would have to disagree with this statement. There are a lot of other lockers that are better built, more durable, cheaper, more reliable..

ARB is just almost always the first one available for a given axle or spline count. If I could get a 35 spline detroit for a dana 44, I wouldn't be installing yet another arb.

Supposedly there will be an Aussie for the 8.25 shortly, they run like $250.

I run a Detroit EZ Locker which is a lunchbox VERY similar to the powertrax no slip design. I bought it used for about $300 IIRC. You can get a powertrax noslip for under $400 easy. PM AZXJ or one of our NAXJA supported vendors. better yet, google it. http://www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html

djblade311 said:
I run a Detroit EZ Locker which is a lunchbox VERY similar to the powertrax no slip design. I bought it used for about $300 IIRC. You can get a powertrax noslip for under $400 easy. PM AZXJ or one of our NAXJA supported vendors. better yet, google it. http://www.rocky-road.com/noslip.html

Search around.. I have heard of several people very dissatisfied w/ the Detroit EZ locker... Not to mention the horrible customer service you will get if you have to get it warrantied or even talk to someone at Eaton... It was bad when Detroit was produced by TrueTrac well from what ive heard its even worse now that they are owned by Eaton......

As for price, you can get a PT No-Slip and a diff cover for the cost of the Detroit.

Just my $0.02

PolishX said:
where at is the powertrax ? havent had any quotes under 400 before shipping

have a used power trax no slip I would consider selling
used very little very good condition
still the factory box ready for a new home
just need to get some new springs for the install
Pm if interested

Back