• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 3" lift for the least amount of money?

Just call up rusty and order the damned thing and call it a day.

I put 2" coil spacers on the front,OME 2" leaf packs on the back and 2" over Skyjacker Nitro' shocks all around with a transfer lowering kit and I'm very pleased with the look,handling and ride,on and off road.I'm a hunter/fisherman and this set-up works well for me.
Sounds like your looking down the same alley.

99XJSPORT06 said:
I ran into some mad death wobble after putting my lift on, and ended up having to upgrade the steering stabilizer to help settle the wobble. Tack on an additional $40 for a Skyjacker HD Stabilizer.

Why does everyone think this is the answer to DW? Can we say serious Band-Aid. X2 on the Rusty's stuff. I got his 6.5 and some ACOS.

lowrange2 said:
Why does everyone think this is the answer to DW? Can we say serious Band-Aid. X2 on the Rusty's stuff. I got his 6.5 and some ACOS.
Well, in my case, all front end components were nice and tight, and in good working order. When I was fighting the wobble, I still had not had an alignment done, so that may have played a big role.

I wasn't about to go rebuilding the entire front end piece by piece. Been running it for 3 months now (mainly highway) with no problems.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Well, in my case, all front end components were nice and tight, and in good working order. When I was fighting the wobble, I still had not had an alignment done, so that may have played a big role.

I wasn't about to go rebuilding the entire front end piece by piece. Been running it for 3 months now (mainly highway) with no problems.
Well if everything was tight then i would have had an alignment. Thats usually the problem... caster. The steering stab. would have only covered it up until you got an alignment... it would have eventually wore out the shock and came back, I assume you have since got an alignment?

I'll back up the Rusty's. I ordered the 4.5" full pack kit with the HD Trac bar and mount. All is good and ended up with 5.5 inches of lift after settling! $1000 to my door with everything. (ordered through local 4x4 shop) so I guess I paid a little more than I had to

Back