• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent D30 UCA mount

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Stock_D30_PS_UCA_bending.sized.jpg

Recommendations?

Do you have a pix of your control arms? Do they have a swivel?

Ehall asking US for advice?! Never thought I'd see the day. Haha. Cant say I've had this problem. But I'll watch this thread for the future.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I think I'm just going to brace it for now. I have a bunch of small upgrades planned for the D30 and 8.25, and I'll replace the UCA when I pull them out.

I really like the Ballistic Fab kit (link) but it won't work with the stock bushing. Undercover Fab has one they say takes the stock bushing (link) and it looks good. The Rustys and Currie setups look odd, being the one piece. Probably work though.

Last edited:
I feel like a boxed mount would be better than the solid bar stock mount, since it's boxed obviously and it spreads the load across a wider area on the tube.i guess most of that only holds true tho of you don't have a truss

The one-piece type do seem like they would work best in a truss. By itself the weld to the tube would be the weakest link, especially if you can only weld the edge of it. Lot of leverage on it too. Truss would let you weld it again on top and brace it as well.

Look at the Artec Industries truss it replaces the UCA mount, it's cheap and well worth the time and money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undercover Fab has one they say takes the stock bushing (link) and it looks good. The Rustys and Currie setups look odd, being the one piece. Probably work though.

Thank you for that link.

I have been following this thread as I have a problem with the same mount. Mine is not bent, but rather the bushing just spins in its bore. That Undercover Fab mount looks like the simplest solution I have yet found.

If you decide to repair your's, I'd highly recommend picking up a "bushing cradle".
FH000010_zpsu8tioixp.jpg

Back