• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bender help

waxer said:
Quick question,

What was your method used for doing the 2nd bend on the same piece of tube? How did you attempt to put the bend on the same plane as the first?

with only 2 bends I just put an angle finder right on the piece of tubing and check it against the dies misalignment (since it's probably not straight)

I've bent tube that needed 5 bends in one piece, non symetrical off plane, and for that I used a little mount thing for the angle finder to go on. I can't seem to find the cheap ones, but here is one I found that can hold a digital angle finder.

Aligner%20Mount.jpg

www.mittlerbros.com

The one I used didn't have that extra mount on it, was made in china, and just put the magnetic angle finder on the flat part of it. put the clamp on before your first bend, and you'll knoew exactly what angle your at at all times.

I have a 105HD in my shop. Great for one off pieces like customecages and what not. No slop and everything was powdercoated except the degree ring and handle. Instructions were professional CAD drawings and I couldn't ask for more.

Tube bending takes practice. I've used both benders and I think they're very similar. I though the protools was slightly more polished of a product.

Back