• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Believe it or not...

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
I actually have an ammunition question!

For current service (or more recent or with better memory...) individuals, I need to get a couple numbers lost in the mists of Time. I need to find out the following...

.30-06 Ball ammo, either rounds/pound or pounds/100 rounds...

7.62 NATO Ball - same info

5.56 NATO Ball - same info.

Oddly enough, none of the references I have to hand have this, I have long since forgotten, and I don't have enough of any of these around at the moment to make for a meaningful measurement. This is for a class presentation I am giving on 13NOV (on Land Warrior/Objective Force Warrior/Future Warrior and the OICW/OCSW/OPDW, in case you were wondering...) and this information is for historical lead-in on equipment weight. I do have weights for the M1 Garand, M14, and M16/M4 somewhere...

5-90

(edited due to flareup of stupidfinger disease... )

I don't remember those kinds of details, sheesh :)

If nobody here comes up with an answer quuick, you might try Centerfire systems, they still sell the 7.62 ammo in several flavors. It's getting harder to find these days off base.

hth

Judging by my fish scale the 7.62 NATO Ball weighs about 5LBS per 100 rounds. I say "about" because you know how fish scales weigh a little heavy. ;)

Jes

Back