• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bed liners

allright
After running with no doors through some mud and a few rainstorms, my carpet got nasty enough that I decided it was time to yank it out. I work at an advance auto and picked up some new roll in bedliner we have started to carry. Its made by bondo, comes with the roller and a gallon's worth of liner.
All in all I was fairly impressed with it. My roomate and I removed seats and all interior trim and did some very minor prepwork (read: not quite enough as I am fairly lazy). The mix rolled in fairly nicely and evenly, and over a day it cured pretty hard. I dropped a power drill point first, as well as a hammer while reinstalling seats with out it dinging or scratching. It dried to a nice hard, shiney coat.
Some things I would do differently:
~ more prep work, this stuff is sticky and it peeled some of the paint and rust up while rolling, a minor inconvienance.
~ I would definatly add the pint of sand that the kit says is optional, I am gonna use this stuff to line my trailer too and I will be going back over the foot areas in the front, and the step panels so they will have more texture.
~ Find someone else who wants to do the same and split the cost, as I only used about half the gallon. However, I also only did the cab forward of the rear seat for the time being.

for the money I spent ($52 after my discount) I consider it well worth it, and much better than the spray in liners I have tried from wal-mart. I havent noticed much of a sound difference as I am running with no doors, and a somewhat minimalistic exhaust setup, and the heat wasent too bad either after a 45 minut drive, I am also running a rather large tranny cooler as well though so that will affect the heat somewhat.

I just thought this might be something for others to consider as a cheeper option to rhino linings and the likes. Hope it helps somone.

~Dave

This was done to a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Larado with a 4.0 litre, aw4, 231 combo. Running 4 in of lift and 33's, with an extra tranny cooler, and No front doors.

I just did the same thing to my MJ and i love it. I used the Herculiner kit and that stuff is indestructable. I did it at the perfect time too, as i had two large cancerous rust holes in my floor boards. Damn carpet.

got any pictures

Back