• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beasley Knob 11-28/29

kingmeirl

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gonna make a run up to beasley knob while I can and before it closes in Jan. Any one want to join?

Chet

from this site http://www.sfwda.org/trails/beasleyknob/index.html

"Due to the frost and thaw cycle in winter and potential run-off problems, Beasley Knob is closed for the winter season from early January through mid or late March. The area may also close briefly during or after strong rains... Also call them for directions or maps."

About this place:
"Beasley Knob OHV Area is located a few miles east of Blairsville, Georgia in the Chattahoochee National Forest. The U.S. Forest service has jurisdiction. The OHV area contains 10.6 miles of trails suitable for 4-wheel drive vehicles, ATV's and motorcycles. Some of the trails are fairly easy, though most of the trails are difficult, with several that are extremely difficult. When the area is damp or wet (such as after a recent rain), the difficulty on all the trails goes up significantly. Wet trails make for extremely slick conditions on these steep trails."

also: There is a $5 per day usage fee, payable in cash at the entrance stations.

Last edited:
Decided on Saturday. 11am meet time at the north central parking area. Look for my red Cherokee or a tan mog.

Well, today was GREAT!! The weather could not have been better and the trails were very dry. The first trail we hit (233 on above map) was just impossible for us. Pat, in the MOG, made it about 100 feet further than I did on that trail before we had to back down a ways and turn around.
This was the rock rash on the cherokee:
11-28-20099.jpg

We then took 93 south to 231. 231 North to Rattlesnake Hill. That trail was fairly easy, except for the end near rattlesnake hill. We had lunch on rattlesnake hill...
11-28-20094.jpg

11-28-20093.jpg

11-28-20097.jpg

11-28-20098.jpg

11-28-20095.jpg

We then took trail 230 to 231B (The Wall). I attempted the wall and couldn't make it very far! That is an intense hill climb to say the least...
11-28-200912-1.jpg

We hoped back on 231 and down to 231A. Took that down to 230 and rode that to the intersection of the no-named road on the map. We decided to turn around and ride back up 231A. That was a good trail. This is a pic of a hill climb I couldn't make it up but the MOG did...
11-28-20091-1.jpg

11-28-20092-1.jpg

All in all it was a great trip. The front bumper on the MOG saw some damage, as did the neck on the fuel tank but nothing major. That MOG was freakin sweet!! Pat did some great driving and I was glad he wanted to do the hard stuff, but who wouldn't in a MOG??

Back