• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery won't hold charge

Glad to see it looks like you got the problem fixed! Funny how something as simple as a ground wire, can really screw up everything, and give symptoms of stuff that's completely wrong...lol.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Glad to see it looks like you got the problem fixed! Funny how something as simple as a ground wire, can really screw up everything, and give symptoms of stuff that's completely wrong...lol.
People forget that the ground is actually the return path for each and every wire in the system. It completes the circuit.
Largely irrelevant, but the last time I heard they were still arguing which way the electrons actually did flow, from positive to negative or from negative to positive.
It sounded like he was talking about the block to firewall ground wire. I'd still take a close look at the negative battery to block ground. The firewall ground may be the alternate ground path for the starter, if the major ground from the block to the battery is making poor contact.

8Mud said:
People forget that the ground is actually the return path for each and every wire in the system. It completes the circuit.
Largely irrelevant, but the last time I heard they were still arguing which way the electrons actually did flow, from positive to negative or from negative to positive.

True. I remember my Physics teacher in HS last year talking about there is much question as to which way electrons really do flow....

Back