• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery Wiring Upgrade

Look into getting a capacitor. It should cure your dimming. I was into car stereos when I was younger.

I don't think my system is powerful enough to need that, jeeps wimpy stock wiring is the biggest problem here but a capacitor or a 2nd battery would be a consideration of the problem persisted. :)

They are used so you don't have to mess with other stuff.

I am planning on a 100 h4 headlight upgrade and potentially aux lights too. And a winch is possible down the road as well, so I would rather get the root of the problem out of the way instead of bandaid it when I will have to upgrade the wiring down the road anyways. :)

Upgraded main power wires are a must. The stock heep wiring is barely good enough for stock use.
Capacitors are mostly a band-aid, like t-case drops. With proper power and wiring, not typically necessary.

Upgraded main power wires are a must. The stock heep wiring is barely good enough for stock use.
Capacitors are mostly a band-aid, like t-case drops. With proper power and wiring, not typically necessary.

Yes exactly!

Back