• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bar pin eliminators

did you ever spray lube in there? I never got mine out without spraying something in there and once I did they came right out. they definitely arent bonded in there or you would bind the bushings and they WOULD be ruined after 3 years of wheeling the crap out of them. not to mention that I cant think of anything that can bond rubber to metal without forming the bushing around the pin. in which case you would need to replace the entire shock in the case of bushing failure...

To the OP: What do you think the thump is and why will BPE's solve it? Only thump from shocks I can think of is the bushing wearing out or you bottoming out the shocks.

People get thumps as the result of the par pin sometimes. Side affect of the bushing not having any preload

3/8ths extension, a BJ press, and some silicon spray

JK_Bar_Pin_Removal.sized.jpg

they got the pins in there somehow, you can get them out

I like my IRO bar pins just fine. Cheap, beefy, easy to install, don't change shock orientation at all. Could be welded in place easy as pie if I was getting squeeks / was sure I want to keep the same housing.

3/8ths extension, a BJ press, and some silicon spray

JK_Bar_Pin_Removal.sized.jpg

they got the pins in there somehow, you can get them out

wish I would have used my head and done this earlier today. Instead I used mulitple vice's, and broke all three on those exact rubi shocks. Now I need to barpins for the front jk shocks for my wj and those are not to be had anywhere it seems like.

And I will be that guy to admit I have been running rear swaybar brackets for bpe's in the rear of my cherokee for a long time with no issues. Im an idiot for running them I know, but no bad luck yet so I wont unbolt and build something better quite yet.

And I will be that guy to admit I have been running rear swaybar brackets for bpe's in the rear of my cherokee for a long time with no issues. Im an idiot for running them I know, but no bad luck yet so I wont unbolt and build something better quite yet.

What's wrong with using the rear swaybar brackets as BPE?? I'm a day away from installing them.

To OP would it be possible that popping could be a really worn out front driveshaft?? Mine does
Or a tackbar bolt that's wallowed out bad on the axle side??

Back