• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ballistic Fab track bar mount

You could maybe tie it into the back side of the control arm mount. That would certainly benefit from being boxed in.

I just got my offset bracket in on Friday and got it welded together tonight. I will try and post some pics (hopefully tomorrow night) when I have it installed.

You could maybe tie it into the back side of the control arm mount. That would certainly benefit from being boxed in.

I just got my offset bracket in on Friday and got it welded together tonight. I will try and post some pics (hopefully tomorrow night) when I have it installed.

Awsome! Pics or BAN!! :laugh2:

even the 6" is real tall for a xj... i'm probably going to just make my own from scratch with 1/4 plate...

aah cool. i'm going to be running the WJ OTK stuff and i'm probably going to need a 5" mount or so...

So as promised, got my axle side track bar mount in today. I got the Ballistic Fab 6" offset one. The parts from Ballistic Fab have been great.

Here's one after welding the mount together. I ran a bead along the entire outside of each seam. The corners were all tacked on the inside.

P1040593.jpg

P1040592.jpg

Then I proceeded to weld it to the tube. I set the angle that looked right and clamped it in place. I cycled the steering and everything cleared fine.

P1040602.jpg

After that I took some 1/8" plate I had and made a "cap" for the front side of the control arm mount. I added a trianlge guesset out of 1/8" between the track bar rbacket and the control arm. I am thinking this should be enough. There is still room to add another gusset behind the one shown, but I think this should work.

P1040605.jpg

P1040606.jpg

I am going to be using 3/4" heims on each end with standard spacers and 3/4" grade 8 bolts. Should be bomber.

Maybe I'm wrong, but is the mount on backwards? I thought the bolt was suppose to parallel to the ground?

Doh! Yeah, I see what you are saying. I could have put it on 180 degrees from this, but it should work either way. The heims can rotate and there is enough play in misalignment it should be fine. I guess I will let you know!

It doesn't matter though. If you use the one the OP asked about, that bolt would not be parallell to the ground either (unless it was installed completely vertical which might be in the way of the control arm bracket).

I did it this way to make sure the lower section clears the tie rod and such.

Ballistic had my mount to my door in about 4 days! The mount came in 4 pieces that need to be welded together, so I tacked them together and took some measurement for my track bar. This mount is real beefy, measuring at .250" thick.
CIMG1101.jpg

For the track bar I'm using 7/8" heims on with high misalignment spacers.

CIMG1100.jpg

Tomorrow I'm gonna burn all 4 sides together and get it on the axle. I cant wait to get ride of this nasty bump steer! Look at how poor my geometry is as of now.

CIMG1099.jpg

looks sweet, be sure to report back with pictures. i would suggest also boxing in and bracing the PS UCA mount at the same time.

Today we burned the new mount on the axle and set the new track bar. WOW! Finally the bump steer is gone! :party:

He a few pics on the turnout. I still need to box out the upper control arm. I doubt I'm even gonna keep the turdy so I may just leave it.
CIMG1102.jpg

CIMG1103.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg

I know the drag link and track bar appear to be out of parallel, the picture is deceiving. I took some measurement with my angle find and there is only a difference of about 3 degrees.

Back