• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ballistic Fab Releases D30 Truss at an affordable price

my buddy has been strung a long for over a month now, awaiting this very truss...

OH, IT'LL SHIP MONDAY, bullshit ballastic, bullshit. that was 2 weeks ago =\\\

sadly, this happens EVERY TIME i order stuff from ballistic.

my buddy has been strung a long for over a month now, awaiting this very truss...

Ballistic, care to expand on the issue? This could be a deciding factor in my purchase.

damn that sucks - all my stuff gets to me a couple days of the order and i have spent probably 500 dollars with them easy...

i have seen the truss installed only online in some threads... even my TNT truss for my front 44 needed some massaging...

I would think this would be a great kit for someone looking to start with a good simple base and then add mounts accordingly which are easy to do from a couple of other manufactorers

I agree 110%. Never have I experience reasonable shipping times from them. I've ordered from them twice. First time I figured, well maybe they're busy, backed up, whatever. I took their excuses in stride because it was my fault that I hadn't checked on availability online before placing the order. Got my stuff about 5 weeks after ordering. Second time, I called and was assured that everything I wanted was in stock, would ship that day, etc. I explained my previous experience with them, and was told that they were changing some manufacturing process and everything was now running smooth. It was stressed that I would have my things in 10 days at most....5 weeks later, I got it. Each week in between I called and was given a different BS excuse each time.

Never. Again. It's too bad, because they do have good products at reasonable prices. But with 90% of it, you're better off to just buy a sheet of plate, break out the grinder, and make them yourself. Just my personal experience/ $0.02 :angel:

once i got the truss, i cooled down a lil bit... we ordered another order of stuff (diff cover, a tool, and tube disconnects), and it showed up ASAP, so it's all 50/50...

it ended up fitting pretty good, not drop-on, and weld, but pretty good... I didnt like it it stoped about 1.75" short of the passenger coil bucket....
on with the pics.

Worked great for me. I've had good results with Ballistic as well (knock on wood).

fab005-1.jpg

fab009-1.jpg

fab012-1.jpg

fab013-1.jpg

the truss ships solo, in 3 peices, front, back, and the 1/4" top peice. my gussets are from a tmr kit, and brysons are home made i bet. i too am kinda curious about his tabs on them though... too far out to be sway bar? maybe limit straps?

Where those inner C trusses included? Looks like they have swap bar tabs on them.
look at where the upper portion of the C is supposed to be round....
its not. he trussed the upper portion of the C's

and i was guessing that single tab was for a stabilizer?

Also, whats this for? (the single tab under the coil bucket, where an oem tracbar mounts? is it for a limp-mode with a stock-ish trackbar?

Those tabs on the C's are for the sway bar. I'll be running a straight chromo bar with aluminum arms (not currie).

That single tab is for a steering stabilizer. I should have took a pic when I mocked it up. :(

Ballistic, care to expand on the issue? This could be a deciding factor in my purchase.

My name is Dave Christensen, I am one of the managers here at Ballistic Fabrication.

I have just joined this forum, so I am happy to address any issues that I can. Please feel free to email, pm, call, or messenger pigeon me ANYTIME!

I am here to help and am glad to do so. The way I look at it is, if I don't know about an issue, I can't fix it. Please let me know what I can do to address any questions/concerns. Dave

I agree 110%. Never have I experience reasonable shipping times from them. I've ordered from them twice. First time I figured, well maybe they're busy, backed up, whatever. I took their excuses in stride because it was my fault that I hadn't checked on availability online before placing the order. Got my stuff about 5 weeks after ordering. Second time, I called and was assured that everything I wanted was in stock, would ship that day, etc. I explained my previous experience with them, and was told that they were changing some manufacturing process and everything was now running smooth. It was stressed that I would have my things in 10 days at most....5 weeks later, I got it. Each week in between I called and was given a different BS excuse each time.

Never. Again. It's too bad, because they do have good products at reasonable prices. But with 90% of it, you're better off to just buy a sheet of plate, break out the grinder, and make them yourself. Just my personal experience/ $0.02 :angel:

My name is Dave Christensen, I am one of the managers here at Ballistic Fabrication.

I have just joined this forum, so I am happy to address any issues that I can. Please feel free to email, pm, call, or messenger pigeon me ANYTIME!

I am here to help and am glad to do so. The way I look at it is, if I don't know about an issue, I can't fix it. Please let me know what I can do to address any questions/concerns. Dave

Well, as I stated in my post(and it's apparent xcm did the same), I called multiple times and was continually strung along with excuse after excuse for why my order hadn't shipped. I think it's fair to say you guys knew about the issue... Don't get me wrong, I think you've got good stuff at a good price, but for me personally, the customer service and shipping times were pretty horrible.

5spd_xj

Completely understand. We have made some pretty signifigant changes that should make a difference.

In the meantime, I am trying to offer my assistance to anyone who wants it. Please feel free to call on me if there is ever something you need in the future. Dave

Back