• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint Brands

moog is the best quality imho.

you'll need to buy/rent a ball joint press. If they come out without a fuss you can do 4 ball joints without rushing in about 2 hours wheels on to wheels on.

Good luck with this..I guess i just can't get a car that doesn't make a fuss..My luck

You and me both, broke a Ball Joint Press attempting to change them myself. The old ball joints in place weren't bad, just wanted to have 'fresh' ones. Good thing it was in my garage and not on the trail.

The trick with the caught up ball joints is to torque up the press so there's some tension on the ball joint. Then take a bfh and take some swings at the inner c where the ball joint is. That usually relieves the tension and the ball joint pops right out. Sometimes you just need to show the jeep who's the boss!

Gunna have to do the L tie rod too. Ball joints and tie rod are F'ed on the left side. I just bought FEQ ones for both. I saw the Moog ones but they were a lot more so I what the hell, I went cheap. I think I may just mess with the drivers side for now. Looks like a barrel of fun :doh:

Back