• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bald Mtn on July 22

Well you guys may hate me... but I got off work and decided I needed to get outa the heat!

I went up today and swam in Shaver Lake till it started to rain, then did the long way through Bald Mtn in the rain. WHAT A GREAT TIME! No pictures, just wanted to go relax and take my time. Trail is in good condition and i was happy it was raining, no dust!!

Billabong, remember I have an open invitation for this saturday. If you cant get your junk together, you can hitch it with me. I dont bite to hard:angel: I really do need a passenger for this trip, otherwise I will probably be riding shotgun with my buddy Henry in his Blazer.

BTW, SWAMP LAKE IS OPEN! WOOHOO:exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

Scrappy said:
BTW, SWAMP LAKE IS OPEN! WOOHOO:exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

That is great news thanks for the update.

DSC_0100.jpg

I thought the brake booster would be easy, those 4 bolts under the dash are pain in the *ss to get to! It's done though, so I'll be up there tomorrow at 9. I will be on ch. 6 on the cb.

Oh yea, thats ^ what me jeep looks like. You can flag me down if you see me.

Lance

A few change of plans. 2 of the guys who were going, are not. I am going still, but I am riding with my buddy in his Blazer. We should be hitting the trail around 12ish.

BenH will be there around 10. And JoesXJ should be around the trail about that time too.

If you dont want to go alone, you are MORE than welcome to take a little later start and chill with us. We will hang out later too.

This is the rig i am in.
790110210_l.jpg

I know we wont have a CB... sorry!\

Matt

sorry I didnt make it. 0331 head cracked open at the top of 168 almost to shaver.

Ben H said:
sorry I didnt make it. 0331 head cracked open at the top of 168 almost to shaver.

Sorry, that sucks.

I didn't make it up to the trail head till about 1. Saw a couple other rigs, but no xj's. It was pretty fun, i'll post some of my pics later.

We didnt make it either! My buddies T350 split the case in half! The internals of the trans hit the ground doing 55... .bummer way to end a day.

Glad you made it up there billa! Sorry we didnt make it.

Billabong1416 said:
Sorry, that sucks.

I didn't make it up to the trail head till about 1. Saw a couple other rigs, but no xj's. It was pretty fun, i'll post some of my pics later.

How was it up there? It was freakin hot here, 112 degrees on my porch till I turned the mister-fan, and a beer on.

A few more

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Did the trail get washed out? There was a really tight section about 2/3's the way up. Looked like the trail had turned into a stream, so they had rerouted it between a couple of trees. Couldn't imagine trying to take anything bigger than my xj through. From the gouges on some of the trees it looked like someone else had though.

Ive got to make it out there soon. Its beautiful....

Back