• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands trip?

Well i should be there on thursday evening with the jeep on trailer. Think my plan right now is to hit the quarry for a little bit to get a feel for the jeep since it will be the first time out with it.

heck yea! :) We'll definitely be spending some time in the quarry. It was so busy during winterfest it was hard to get anywhere in there.

You didn't try very hard then.:D

I'm still in for Saturday morning with my navigator (6y old son). Hopefully, I'll have my tube fenders on by then. If not, I'm sure as hell not going to worry about fender or flare damage!

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to bail on this trip. Finals are the week after and I need to keep my mind set on em and not playing around. A few weeks after would be REALLY nice!

The weekend after, Saturday, May 2, Great Lakes Jeep Thing is having it's NEWB Run. There's usually a good turnout for that. I'll be doing that one too.

I may be able to make that one too...depending if my paint comes in or not.

painting my MJ military green with a bit of gloss in it, and doing the classic war plane shark teeth and eyes up front all the way through the grille.

"Truth" said he was gonna be there actually! Redbull too!! Don't see much of BudMan anymore. Too much the HD Biker dude me guesses!

so how many do we plan on being there? ive never been, so where do we meet up? what CB channel?

i will try to be there early saturday morning

OUT...

too many little issues with the heep.
now, I have an ignition problem.

I have new upper and lower control arms
and lowering kit I need to install.

have fun.

BOB

OUT...

too many little issues with the heep.
now, I have an ignition problem.

I have new upper and lower control arms
and lowering kit I need to install.

have fun.

BOB

Getting tired of lifted XJ's so your going to go against the grain and slam it? :laugh:

Well...I'm planning on being there on thursday evening. Prolly around 7:30ish. Look for the Black XJ with the California plates at Summer's Campground. There may be a white 99 tahoe with florida plates if I can find a car hauler to tow my rig with.

CB channel 16, meeting 9:30 in the lower parking lot just inside the park gates. Hopefully someone remembers all the trails, cause I sure dont. :)

in a crazy turn of events, i might be there on that saturday with the 3 Branik XRRA buggies testing for the Alabama race the following weekend...

mac 'not 100% sure yet' gyvr

Still in - checked the 10 day, and as of now rain both days and in the mid 60s. Course it will change 100 times by then more then likely - lol.

I'm skipping this one now.

found out that the jefferson car show and swap meet is happening next weekend. it only happens twice a year....the badlands can happen any time.

and I need new tires so we'll see what I find there. my whole group is going to skip this. we'll all be going either the following weekend or the one after that.

Back