• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

backspacing on rims

fuelfox4949

NAXJA Forum User
i have a question about backspacing on rims.
i will be selling my 32 inch Goodyear mtr's on black steel rims with 4.5 inch of backspacing.
now i am going to 35x12.5x15 but am not sure if i want the 4.5 inch back spacing or the 3.75 inch.
i have rear disc brakes and they call for at least 4.5 inches or less.
what would be my better choice?
i have extended fender flares however i do NOT want my tires to stick to far out from my jeep because of johnny law.
I'm looking for any thoughts and advice thanks

I have 35's with 3.75 backspace D window wheels and they stick out quite a bit with no flares but they would rub on the control arms with any less backpacking. You may just need bigger flares.

yes i was eyeing on putting them on pro comp series 97 rims and the options are 4.5 or 3.75 so i am just getting some advice before i pull the trigger. which one makes them stick out LESS?

4.5 would stick out less, but you need to make sure the inner sidewall won't be up against the leafs. 3.75 would work better. I would guess that your 32's are 11.5" wide? How do those fit with the 4.5 wheels?

they fit great maybe stick out half a inch from my flares. yes the 32s are 11.5 at 4.5 bs. i am leaning more towards the 3.75 as well i just dont want my tires to stick out the sides for miles. going to 12.5 inch tires and 3.75 bs should just add about 2 inches sticking out from my flares then?

Back