• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back Bumper Design

I think that might have been where I got this 3D model. Either that or a CAD exchange network. The shackles are a little lower than I'd like.. They are actually mounted higher in real life. I just threw them into the model to get a more accurate feel of the look of the bumper. They are even shorter now too, I didnt need the extra length so I cut them.

I like rhino alot for basic design. When you get into stuff like full assemblies and moving parts then solid works is definitely better. But because it has all the advance options it also takes longer to model in. But maybe I just need more practice. I use rhino when I need to get something out of my head quick ya know?

I like the sounds of that. A bunch have friends have telling me to try it out, but I'm admittedly a mac-whore. So we'll see how they beta goes.

Again bumper looks really good!

Should be picking up the laser work next week!... Im excited. lol

Thanks man! Ill post up the finish product when It gets done. Let me know if you would like to make an order.

Nice design; I really like that. BTW, I'll toss my hat into the ring as a 'yes' on a tyre carrier.

Quick question for you: any plans for D-ring tabs and/or a '97-up version?

YES! D RING TABS ARE GOING TO BE INCLUDED. There shouldnt be very many changes for the 97 and up versions since my design cuts the quarter panels on the upper body line. I will just a need a newer XJ to do some test fitting...

Yea man. i have the section up on the web site but haven't posted pics and details yet. i have a rough cost estimate on there but thats about it.

Definitely. As I told the OP in the "slim rear bumper" thread. Most of my stuff is customizable. I can bring it out to still cover the quarters for you like the c rok bumper or just shorten up the sides and leave the quarters unprotected.

Definitely. As I told the OP in the "slim rear bumper" thread. Most of my stuff is customizable. I can bring it out to still cover the quarters for you like the c rok bumper or just shorten up the sides and leave the quarters unprotected.

I have a bumper I installed years ago and really like. Need a tire carrier added to the back. Got any ideas? It is a Detours Slimline

Back